Did Kevin Smith (DET) Get Injured? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Did Kevin Smith (DET) Get Injured?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Did Kevin Smith (DET) Get Injured?

Postby Motown Blues » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:13 pm

per rotoworld:

Kevin Smith rushed three times for 14 yards in Week 3 against the 49ers.
Smith dominated the backfield workload in the first two games and saw most of the early action Sunday, but was mysteriously absent from the game after the Lions' second series. FOX's announcing crew repeatedly said that he was healthy, but Smith either suffered an injury or did something to deserve an immediate trip to the doghouse.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tbagz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:11 am

any word if kevin smith will remain the starter or if rudi will take over in light of his performance?
i still hate the steelers...
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:11 am

The word out of the Lions asylum is that Smith hasn't caught on to protection schemes, not unusual for rookies. Problem is that he was unproductive when he did get a chance and Rudi produce yesterday. The Lions are desperate for a win and I expect they will be giving Rudi the chance to run now,

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby FFslacker » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:55 am

Lions coach Rod Marinelli said Sunday that the team went with Johnson, and not starter Kevin Smith, in the second half was because the veteran had the hot hand, according to the Detroit News.
Spin: "I think he just got in and he started feeling it, running and getting it going," Marinelli said. "So we kind of went with him." It looks like the team may work with the dreaded running back by committee, which makes both Johnson and Smith risky plays from week to week. Johnson will certainly figure into the equation more prominently than he did in Weeks 1 and 2, but his Week 3 production may be hard to count on.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Motown Blues » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Killer Kowalski (beat writer) stated on WRIF radio this morning that the Lions were looking for more explosion, somebody to get it done. Kevin Smith simply wasn't making it happen, in their opinion. He seemed to think that Smith's run as the starter is over, it's now Rudi's job.

Time to change my sig. :-b

I really liked Smith and how he ran. He has heart. Oh well.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tbagz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:36 pm

This is kind of bittersweet for me. I'm a UCF grad and would like nothing more than to see Kevin Smith succeed in the NFL however I did draft Rudi Johnson late in my auction league and my initial thoughts when he was traded was that he had been reduced to a secondary back that would no longer see many carries. Now he has a chance to create some value. This comes at a good time for me too as FWP is out this week and now I have some options.
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:05 am

Ouch. I just dropped Rudi last week. Figures he has a great game right after I drop him.
quitesanemax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tbagz » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Anyone have any 'solid' reports on Kevin Smith still being the starter or not? I think this situation has been overshadowed by the firing of Millen. Smith is still number one on most depth charts. Anyone have any clue if the Lions are going to explore other options in starting Rudi Johnson?
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting