Still blame Martz?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Still blame Martz??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Still blame Martz??

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:46 pm

There was nothing more satisfying to me then watching the 9ers roll on the lydowns today. Maybe now everyone can stop blaming Martz, hey at least the team could put up points with his system. Millen is a buffoon, the Lions are a good practice team because they get to practice against the Lions. Marinelli is clueless. Colletto has never won in the NFL and never will. The son in law is a joke. I cant help but laugh at how all of these guys have jobs, Kwame is more deserving of being mayor. While Martz may not be the "genius" some say he is, he was the best coach of any sort that has ever been employed by the LiOnSERS.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Still blame Martz??

Postby Motown Blues » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:03 pm

mutantseabass wrote:There was nothing more satisfying to me then watching the 9ers roll on the lydowns today. Maybe now everyone can stop blaming Martz, hey at least the team could put up points with his system. Millen is a buffoon, the Lions are a good practice team because they get to practice against the Lions. Marinelli is clueless. Colletto has never won in the NFL and never will. The son in law is a joke. I cant help but laugh at how all of these guys have jobs, Kwame is more deserving of being mayor. While Martz may not be the "genius" some say he is, he was the best coach of any sort that has ever been employed by the LiOnSERS.

Well said, MSB. Totally agree. Could this be the worst Lions team yet?
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby scrumtalecent » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:57 pm

Motown Blues wrote:
Well said, MSB. Totally agree. Could this be the worst Lions team yet?

Ouch. Is that what we've come down to? Trying to guess the level of ineptitude this team is at? I say we answer this question after we get thumped at home by Kyle Orton, rookie Matt Forte, and Chicago's lack of receivers. That's great that there are die-hards of every team, but I still find it inconceivable that there will be around 40,000 or so Lion fans screaming their heads off for an 0-3 team that's been down by 21-3 or worse every game so far. That means horribleness on offense and defense. It seems like such a waste of time, unless you have some brats or burgers to cook up in the parking lot.

I will thank the Lions for one thing: my garage looks so much better...I had to find something to do to occupy my time...
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RWLongy4 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:04 am

I never blamed martz but I don't believe he was a good fit. Did we look better with him than without him? yes. Do I want him back? No.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:31 am

Motown Blues wrote:Could this be the worst Lions team yet?

I say yes. Mind you, I have only been watching them for about 15 - 20 years or so, but clearly they are worse now than in 2003, which was my worst team prior to this season.

The lack of talent collected is staggering.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:56 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Motown Blues wrote:Could this be the worst Lions team yet?

I say yes. Mind you, I have only been watching them for about 15 - 20 years or so, but clearly they are worse now than in 2003, which was my worst team prior to this season.

The lack of talent collected is staggering.

It's beyond staggering, it's unphathomable. Combine that with a coaching staff that couldn't coach a turd down a toilet and you have the ingredients in place to have the worse team in the Millen error.
It defies logic that a GM would start off his career with a head coach with no experience only to then end up hiring another head coach with even less experience 5 years later. We suck? Who could have seen that coming. A couple lucky breaks and we could go 0-16.
We fired the wrong coach and kept the wrong QB.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby scrumtalecent » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:14 pm

moochman wrote:
It's beyond staggering, it's unphathomable. Combine that with a coaching staff that couldn't coach a turd down a toilet..

:-D :-D
Where do we come up with these new ways to describe our football team? That's hilarious.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:56 pm

moochman wrote:A couple lucky breaks and we could go 0-16.

Pretty sure that is all we have to root for now. They will find some way to screw this up too ;-7

As to the original question MSB:
Yes. Look at the teams he put up points on Seattle and Detroit...until he does it with regularity against NFL teams I'm not impressed. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers put up numbers on us, why wouldn't JT :-?
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:22 pm

dream_017 wrote:

Pretty sure that is all we have to root for now. They will find some way to screw this up too ;-7

Yes. Look at the teams he put up points on Seattle and Detroit...until he does it with regularity against NFL teams I'm not impressed. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers put up numbers on us, why wouldn't JT :-?

So you are saying that you still blame Martz? Mike Martz is without a doubt the best coach of any sort the Lions have ever employed. I am not a Martz fan in the least bit but he at least put up points on the board. The Niners are 2-1 the level of talent they defeated really means nothing at this point as the Lions were beaten by 3 first year starting QBs. They are actually worse without Martz I dont see how anyone could blame Martz. If you gave me a choice of Martz as the Head Coach or Marinelli I would take Martz without even having to think about it.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:45 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

So you are saying that you still blame Martz? Mike Martz is without a doubt the best coach of any sort the Lions have ever employed. I am not a Martz fan in the least bit but he at least put up points on the board. The Niners are 2-1 the level of talent they defeated really means nothing at this point as the Lions were beaten by 3 first year starting QBs. They are actually worse without Martz I dont see how anyone could blame Martz. If you gave me a choice of Martz as the Head Coach or Marinelli I would take Martz without even having to think about it.

I'm not putting all the blame on Martz nor am I saying he is/was the sole reason we are losing, but I guess I just see it a bit different. Martz still had just as many Lions playcalls* as any other Lions team. Sure they put up points, but don't forget that a lot of times we were already out of the game and they were garbage touchdowns, meaningless. When we really needed a TD, there was nothing there. Jumpball to Roy or Calvin at the goalline, rarely happened, but when it was called, it was a TD. They left tons of points on the field. I keep coming back to the GB game last year. Great field position on their first 2 drives and ended with 6 points, GBs next (3rd)posession, they come down score a TD and never look back. We put the ball in the endzone just once, it is a different game. Now I know it will come down to players making plays, and I don'r remember the exact playcalls, but I do remember saying that something just isn't right about it, they drive down to the 5 yard line and can't put the biscuit in the basket.

*Lions playcalls are those scratch your head calls, 3rd and 15 - 6 yard pass; 3rd and long drawplay; 3 straight runs into the line at the goalline.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Next

Return to Detroit Lions