Return to Detroit Lions

Still blame Martz??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Still blame Martz??

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:28 pm

dream_017 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
Pretty sure that is all we have to root for now. They will find some way to screw this up too ;-7

As to the original question MSB:
Yes. Look at the teams he put up points on Seattle and Detroit...until he does it with regularity against NFL teams I'm not impressed. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers put up numbers on us, why wouldn't JT :-?

So you are saying that you still blame Martz? Mike Martz is without a doubt the best coach of any sort the Lions have ever employed. I am not a Martz fan in the least bit but he at least put up points on the board. The Niners are 2-1 the level of talent they defeated really means nothing at this point as the Lions were beaten by 3 first year starting QBs. They are actually worse without Martz I dont see how anyone could blame Martz. If you gave me a choice of Martz as the Head Coach or Marinelli I would take Martz without even having to think about it.

I'm not putting all the blame on Martz nor am I saying he is/was the sole reason we are losing, but I guess I just see it a bit different. Martz still had just as many Lions playcalls* as any other Lions team. Sure they put up points, but don't forget that a lot of times we were already out of the game and they were garbage touchdowns, meaningless. When we really needed a TD, there was nothing there. Jumpball to Roy or Calvin at the goalline, rarely happened, but when it was called, it was a TD. They left tons of points on the field. I keep coming back to the GB game last year. Great field position on their first 2 drives and ended with 6 points, GBs next (3rd)posession, they come down score a TD and never look back. We put the ball in the endzone just once, it is a different game. Now I know it will come down to players making plays, and I don'r remember the exact playcalls, but I do remember saying that something just isn't right about it, they drive down to the 5 yard line and can't put the biscuit in the basket.

*Lions playcalls are those scratch your head calls, 3rd and 15 - 6 yard pass; 3rd and long drawplay; 3 straight runs into the line at the goalline.

The problem is now, well one of the problems. We cannot even get the ball to the 5 yard line unless the opponents are playing a soft cover zone which is played when you are up by 21. No matter which way you look at it this organization is so poorly run its pathetic. A band of pre schoolers could make the moves that Millen/Ford has made. I was so sick of the media and people making Martz the "reason" for last season.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 am

mutantseabass wrote:The problem is now, well one of the problems. We cannot even get the ball to the 5 yard line unless the opponents are playing a soft cover zone which is played when you are up by 21. No matter which way you look at it this organization is so poorly run its pathetic. A band of pre schoolers could make the moves that Millen/Ford has made. I was so sick of the media and people making Martz the "reason" for last season.

He is/was on the blame list for me, but as you well know, the list for the Lions is a mile long. He was not at the top of my list, but he is on it nonetheless.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Berge20 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:03 am

At least I can play GM in Madden.....
Berge20
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions