Rank These RBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rank These RBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rank These RBs

Postby TheMax » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:10 pm

I would just like an unbiased opinion on how well you think this set of RBs will do this year. Reasons would nice too...

Frank Gore
Ronnie Brown
Marshawn Lynch
Michael Turner
Chris Johnson
TheMax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rank These RBs

Postby nmarq8 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm not a fan of Gore at all, I just hate having a RB on a bad offensive team. But I still think you have to rate him a little higher than Lynch.

Gore
Lynch
Turner
Johnson
Brown

That o-line in Atlanta seems to be pretty solid, so I'm pretty high on Turner. Johnson's solid but losing at lot of touches to LenDale White, and Brown's still in a RBBC with Williams. Even with his huge day today, he had 17 carries and Williams had 16, so you can't expect consistent points from Brown.
nmarq8
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phaedrus » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:46 am

I agree with those ranks. I don't agree with not being a fan of Gore--SF offense looks pretty decent.
phaedrus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Going into this weekend, I would say most people would have had them ranked like nmarq8 has them. However after Ronnie's Browns performance I would think he shoots up those rankings. He was having a monster year before tearing his ACL last year. He looks to be completely recovered and hopefully Miami will start giving him a majority of the carries now that he has shown he's back. I would put him right behind Gore & Lynch but ahead of Turner & Johnson.

I drop Turner down because he's had two big games against two very poor defenses. When he faces a good defense he will struggle because they will load up the box to stop him and make the rookie Matt Ryan beat them through the air.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:01 pm

killiansjmd wrote:Going into this weekend, I would say most people would have had them ranked like nmarq8 has them. However after Ronnie's Browns performance I would think he shoots up those rankings. He was having a monster year before tearing his ACL last year. He looks to be completely recovered and hopefully Miami will start giving him a majority of the carries now that he has shown he's back. I would put him right behind Gore & Lynch but ahead of Turner & Johnson.

I drop Turner down because he's had two big games against two very poor defenses. When he faces a good defense he will struggle because they will load up the box to stop him and make the rookie Matt Ryan beat them through the air.

I had thought it may take Brown 4 weeks or so to get in football shape after his knee injury. He looked ready yesterday. Love a hard running power back in a Tuna styled O. Brown will share with Ricky, but get the money shots at the goalline.

Gore-The 9ers face 3 Ds that can slow the run, but Gore can catch too. Gold in a Mad Martz O. Big big year on hand.
Brown-Already discussed. If he is healthy, big time TDs ahead.
Lynch-The Bills have to buck the trend of a Jauron coached team-fading badly the year after busting out. If the Bills fall behind, Lynch could lose some opportunities. Expect they keep close enough to feed Lynch to the endzone...alot.
Turner-I guess I favor RBs who are looked to in the redzone. Turner have a very nice season. Tough playoff schedule with TB and Minnesota.
Johnson-Hard to keep a good Johnson down, but I expect the rook to wear down toward the end of the season and he will never take goalline carries from Le Whale.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk