Does this mean Millen might get let go? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Does this mean Millen might get let go?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Does this mean Millen might get let go?

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:26 pm

tvv44 wrote:Doesn't this have to be somewhat serious if Jr is willing to state this to the national media? For pete sakes his father owns the team. :-?

It has been no secret that Bill Jr. has disagreed with Millen staying on. But he was instrumental in getting Willie Clay to hire Millen and the old Lord Ford isn't going to fire him becuase Jr. is shooting off his mouth.
The crap that Steven A Smith said last week and that Strahan said at halftime yesterday will carry more weight than anything Jr. could ever say....short of "Here, drink this Dad". (holding out some arsenic).

While I don't think Jr can convince Lord Ford, I cannot see any reason that both Millen and Marinelli don't lose their jobs. To suck for 7 years is one thing, but then to start year 8 looking almost as bad as year 1 is another. 'Course, I just like getting my hopes up.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:03 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Metroid wrote:Old people who own football teams do silly things...see Al Davis.

Lol, yeh but at least Al had a brain once upon a time - Ford has never had a clue what he was doing!!! :-B

But at least Ford isn't the one making bone head move after bone head move....he just made one in hiring the guy that is.....now that I think about it that might be worse. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Metroid wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
Metroid wrote:Old people who own football teams do silly things...see Al Davis.

Lol, yeh but at least Al had a brain once upon a time - Ford has never had a clue what he was doing!!! :-B

But at least Ford isn't the one making bone head move after bone head move....he just made one in hiring the guy that is.....now that I think about it that might be worse. :-b

I can only think of 53* reasons why keeping Millen is worse than anything Al Davis has done.

*That is games under 500 since Millen took over in '01. That's 31 wins vs 84 losses. 84!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:13 pm

moochman wrote:
Metroid wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

I can only think of 53* reasons why keeping Millen is worse than anything Al Davis has done.

*That is games under 500 since Millen took over in '01. That's 31 wins vs 84 losses. 84!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that number is mind boggling....how he still has a job is more mind boggling. There can't be a GM in any sport at any level ever that has sucked that bad. %-6
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:52 pm

Metroid wrote:
moochman wrote:
Metroid wrote:But at least Ford isn't the one making bone head move after bone head move....he just made one in hiring the guy that is.....now that I think about it that might be worse. :-b

Man that number is mind boggling....how he still has a job is more mind boggling. There can't be a GM in any sport at any level ever that has sucked that bad. %-6

I always thought it was mind boggling he was hired in the first place - a linebacker turned TV color commentator with absolutely no front office experience and they put him in charge of the entire operation??? What the he** did they expect.

But then Bill Sr was never accused of having a lot of brains - part of the reason those in power denied him the top job at Ford when Henry II died, which he thought he was entitled to, and now his son holds that job that he so highly coveted - maybe it's time for Sr to hand the reigns of the Lions over to Jr.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby dgan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:36 pm

I was watching NFL Network's replay of the '95 NFC Championship game. Millen was not even a commentator...he held the glam job of sideline reporter. :-b

Sideline reporter to GM in 6 years. That is career acceleration. Too bad it put Detroit in neutral for the better part of a decade. Actually, as a Packer fan, I kind of enjoy it. Your GM is a stupid nice guy. Our GM is a smart pompous jerk.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:51 pm

Tony Sargusa eagerly awaits his chance as the next Lion's GM...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:07 pm

Detroit should clean house, hire Bill Cowher and give him total control.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:25 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Tony Sargusa eagerly awaits his chance as the next Lion's GM...

He'll have to beat out Leslie Visser first. She'll be the favorite on their short list...it's the hats.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:55 am

dgan wrote:Too bad it put Detroit in neutral for the better part of a decade.

We would be happy with neutral. We are not even close to neutral for the last decade, it has been a steep decline :-P
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk