Philip Rivers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Philip Rivers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Philip Rivers

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:04 pm

Underneath all the man-love for Cutler, Rivers is quietly having a great season so far. He's thrown 9 TDs and 2 INTs so far as well as averaging 281 yards (granted they weren't playing powerhouse defenses). The Chargers air attack features Gates, Chambers, a more-experienced Vincent Jackson, and now Sproles out of the backfield. LT's toe injury means they may have to pass even more to win. The SD playoff schedule is not too bad either, with OAK, KC and TB.

Do you feel he remains a great starting option? Or goes back to the solid-but-unspectacular fantasy QB he was before?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Philip Rivers

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:14 pm

Yes he is an excellent starting option, he was a guy who at one point I was fed up with, I carried him on my team last year and he killed me, but when I saw the way he elevated his game in the playoffs last year I knew he had arrived...His value was very good in most drafts especially auctions because people were scared from the injury and his up and down last season, but he's putting up better numbers then the traditional QB "studs"...He's surely a find for most fantasy teams.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby yossarian » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:04 am

i have both Rivers and Cutler in a keeper. Was thinking the obvious move would be to move Rivers given Cutler's recent performance, but Rivers is making me think twice. Is it wrong to think I can get a top flight WR for Rivers at this point?
yossarian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby siQ_innovation » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:41 am

I have Rivers and Cutler in a league where you start 2 QB's, it's been working out great for me since Big Ben hasn't been the same. Rivers is having a very nice season and is proving that acquiring Chambers last year was a very smart move for the Chargers. Chambers is taking away some production away from Antonio Gates though, :,-(
siQ_innovation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk