Dynasty League -- Rookie RBs rankings (Post Week 3) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dynasty League -- Rookie RBs rankings (Post Week 3)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty League -- Rookie RBs rankings (Post Week 3)

Postby ckl81 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:46 pm

What do you guys think as to the long-term value comparisons for this rookie class of RBs?
Does it go:

1)Chris Johnson
2)Jonathan Stewart
3)Darren McFadden
4)Matt Forte
5)Steve Slaton
6)Felix Jones
7)Ray Rice
8)Rashard Mendenhall
9)Kevin Smith

Any thoughts appreciated...

*Updated to include Rice and Felix Jones. Forgot about those dudes.

I guess we'll have to see what happens with Mendenhall this week with his first start. Kid could make a name for himself by demolishing the Ravens D, but I won't be holding my breath. I'm not sure what's going on with Kevin Smith, but he could easily go the way of Kevin Jones, some talent but stuck on an awful team. Maybe the Lions will improve now that Millen's gone. In any case, this is a good frickin' draft class for RBs. Any comments on the actual order?
Last edited by ckl81 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
[URL=http://img103.imageshack.us/my.php?image=merriman3ec1.jpg]Image[/URL]
ckl81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty League -- Rookie RBs rankings (Post Week 3)

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:57 pm

you forgot ray rice and felix jones, both who have higher value down the road than some of these dudes IMO. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby siQ_innovation » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:46 am

deluxe_247 wrote:you forgot ray rice and felix jones, both who have higher value down the road than some of these dudes IMO. ;-D

I'd definitely put up Felix Jones ahead of Mendenhall and Smith right now. If Green stays injured (which I'm hoping so Houston might actually have a shot at winning some games) and Slaton keeps starting, I think he'd be a pleasant surprise and I'd have to put him atop Matt Forte and maybe even Run DMC.
siQ_innovation
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dmacblue » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:14 am

from a dynasty perspective, how much drop off is there from Stewart to Forte? :-?

Thanks guys

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:50 pm

I don't know. Forte has surprised the smurf out of me so far . . . against some good defenses as well. I think you have to put him at the top of that list. CJ4.24, Stewart, and DMac all have significant competition from other young RB (White, Williams & Bush - not to mention Fargas was just signed to a long contract).

Forte is on a run-1st offense with a good defense, and is producing. . . . that's a pretty nice situation to be in. Rice may not be the next guy in BAL (LeRon McClain seems to be getting more love). Felix Jones is playing behind another young stud in Marion the Barbarion. FWP will have value for a few more years, so Mendenhall may wait a while. If Steve Slaton can lock up his spot and become the guy, he has to move up as well. Kevin Smith is looking like he may lose his job to Rudi in DET.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Return to Football Talk