A look @ goal-line backs // RBBCs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A look @ goal-line backs // RBBCs

Moderator: Football Moderators

A look @ goal-line backs // RBBCs

Postby baseballspliffs » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:59 pm

Managing to find productive backs in committees is tough, and it sucks when you have to call them your RB2 (or even RB1... shudders).

Just happens that I happen to own a bunch of them myself, I drafted some and the rest I found on waivers.. lets see how they've been doing so far, shall we?

Le'ron Mclain (Bal): Week 3: 17 rushes, 66 yds, 2 TD

Pittman (DEN): **actually drafted Selvin... we all know how this is going** Weeks 1-3: 4 TD, 44 yds, 6 carries/game.

P.Thomas (NO): 3TD, 123 yfs.

Lendale (TEN): 4 TD, 148 yds

If we extrapolate the data to a whole season, these guys will finish with ridiculous #s... surely this won't happen, but would it be unreasonable to expect 10 TD/year from these backs?

Sure these guys aren't top tier RBs, but for where they were drafted (or not), these guys are putting up some good #s.

Now as for the guys getting the shaft in committees:

-Selvin Young - Yeah I drafted him... and it sickens me that Pittman is stealing his TDs. I sure wish things would change, but I have little hope
-DeAngelo Williams - I drafted this jabroni also, dropped him for Pierre Thomas.

The whole point of this thread was to start identifying the backs you'd actually like to have on ur team, that will outperform their draft positions, etc.

Makes me wish (sometimes) that I drafted RB-RB, but where's the fun in that? And no, I didn't draft Brady.
baseballspliffs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk