Week 4 PBC: Washington GirlyHogs @ DisgustingDallas Cowpukes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 4 PBC: Washington GirlyHogs @ DisgustingDallas Cowpukes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 4 PBC: Washington GirlyHogs @ DisgustingDallas Cowpukes

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:11 pm

I must admit the season was looking pretty glum that Thursday evening back on September 4th. An offense that looked dazed, a defense that didn't look very good. A pretty convincing loss had spirits low. As Redskins fans typically do after a loss they screamed for Snyders head and Jim Zorn to go back to being a QB coach.

2 wins later things are slightly different... Slightly.

A team that looked like it was in for a 3-13 season now looks like it could be in for an 8-8 one... Or maybe better...

Two wins later there's a slightly different tune in Zorntown these days. A tune of success, a tune of possibility. A tune of- upset time.

11.5 dogs heading into Dallas this weekend. People tend to forget the Skins very nearly defeated Dallas last season in Dallas. The skins played amazing before forgetting to cover TO. They were right there before Campbell threw an interception in the end zone to seal a loss. The contest in December didn't mean anything for the Cowboys but the Skins still handled business EASILY. And as I predicted, the Cowboys went into the playoffs on cruise control and ended up stuck on cruise control, losing to the Giants in the divisional round. :-D

A year later much has changed for the Skins. New coach, some significant new rookie additions, new ways of thinking. A new offensive scheme.

On the other hand not much has changed for the Cowboys. They're still the same old Cowboys of last year, very talented, very BIG. High expectations, as they should be. Romo, TO, Witten are possibly 3 of the best at their positions in the NFC and they all play for the same team. They should dominate. Yeah they should, but they don't. And they ain't this week.

Skins win in a super close one. Sorry cowpokes, your going down. }:-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 4 PBC: Washington GirlyHogs @ DisgustingDallas Cowpukes

Postby yossarian » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:53 pm

Go Skins! ;-D ;-D

I've got a little bit of a bad feeling about this one. I think maybe they've beat two fairly mediocre teams in NO and ARIZ, they're feeling a little high on themselves with all the good press and everything, and there's a chance they might be walking into a buzzsaw right now. I feel like this is either going to be a very close game decided in the final few minutes, or Dallas might throw a reality check on them and beat them by 2 or 3 scores. I'm interested to see how much Taylor being out is going to hurt the D. It's certainly going to hurt the pass rush against a Dallas line that has been nothing less than dominant for the season so far.

I'll be cheering them on the whole way though, no doubt jumping around like a dumbass and throwing stuff at the TV. Man I love DC/Dallas games, even if there is a chance we might get creamed this game. :-D
yossarian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:52 pm

Nice!

Oh and to the mod who took the liberty to exercise those privileges... I have my eye on you. Yeah you know who you are. ;-) :-]

Stat of the day:

Jason Witten hasn't ever had more than 67 yards receiving vs the Skins. The last time he even had a TD vs the Skins came in 2005.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:01 pm

In as always against the PudSkins! ;-D

I think this is a close game but the Cowboys will prevail by about 7 pts. Thought the PudSkins would be 0-3 by now but you proved to be a worthy opponent with 2 good wins. The 11.5 is way too high for a rivalry like this.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Lars1000 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Go Cowboys ;-D

Games between these teams can usually ignore the records. I remember way back when the Cowboys went 1-15 and their only win was against the 'Skins. I can also remember dominate Cowboys team losing to bloeful 'Skins teams. This game is usually a tough game every season and in either Stadium.
Still in this case I think the 'Skins are in for a brutal beating this week.
Lars1000
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby tarpon17 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:06 am

Straight up Big D wins, probably like 30-21.....11.5 is way too much. Great to live in DC and pull for my boys! Anything can happen when these two meet.
tarpon17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby yossarian » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:33 am

Hah. I remember that 1-15 Dallas season. That was the season Washington won the Super Bowl and went into the last few weeks undefeated. By the time they came up against Dallas, they really didn't have anything to play for. The truly tragic thing is, my older brother, who is a HUGE Redskins fan, has only ever been to one Redskins game in his life. It was that game.

Go Skins! ;-D
yossarian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tantrix1969 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:05 pm

I'm in for the Cowboys I sent a funeral wreath to Campbell even ;-D
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby Tyeattolah » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:12 pm

Count me in! Go Cowboys!!! IF Jason Taylor was healthy I might be a little more concerned...but he's not and neither am I!

:-D
Tyeattolah
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tarpon17 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:51 am

crap
tarpon17
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting