waiver wire - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

waiver wire

Moderator: Football Moderators

waiver wire

Postby diablo99 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Ive been playing for awhile but have a question.

How does the waiver order work per a week? I thought that the person who lost and had the lowest point total per a week moved up to the number one spot on the waiver wire for that week. i know it sounds stupid but thats what i thought. I am in a 12 team league and lost and had the lowest points for the week. I am 2-1 and this was my first loss. Any feedback or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: waiver wire

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:46 am

diablo99 wrote:Ive been playing for awhile but have a question.

How does the waiver order work per a week? I thought that the person who lost and had the lowest point total per a week moved up to the number one spot on the waiver wire for that week. i know it sounds stupid but thats what i thought. I am in a 12 team league and lost and had the lowest points for the week. I am 2-1 and this was my first loss. Any feedback or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

It depends on how the commish set-up the WW. The way our order works is reverse order of the current standings has the top spot. It is not based on weekly performance, but for the entire season
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Puban666 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:43 pm

Ive never been in a league that the WW changes on a weekly basis usually the Person with the 1st round draft pick starts with the Lowest waiver priority and so on. You ww is probably set like mine the only way you move down is if you pick someone of waivers wherein you should have last priority, the only way to move up if is other owners pick people off waivers
12 man money

Q- Eli Manning,
WR- M Colston, Bowe, Chambers, M Jones
RB- Portis, R.Bush, Torain, P. Thomas, Lean Washigton, Nate Washignton
TE- Gates, Scheffler
K- Gotowski
Def- Chicago

5-2
Puban666
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RWLongy4 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:05 am

I know in my leagues waiver priority starts as reverse draft order and players move to the end of the list as they use their waiver.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby glackk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:13 am

Several of the free sites default to using the weekly reset of waivers based on current rank, including sportsline and espn. Others like Yahoo don't reset weekly, so you have to use your waiver claim much more wisely.
glackk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Urlacher54 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:57 pm

In the league's that I run, we have a waiver wire that is worst to first in order each week. We use the record first, and then use Total Points Scored Year To Date. We also use 2 decimal places...rarely is there a tie...but it still happens believe it or not.
Urlacher54
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby jp05ser » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:16 pm

in my league it is first come first serve. they are all locked till 3am tuesday. that way it forces people to pay attention more and check their lineups and be more involved
jp05ser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum