Week 5 Cafe Rankings and Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 5 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 5 Cafe Rankings and Discussion

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:06 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Just read the article.

I do have a question though:

It says TCU's avg. ranking is 23.6, while Fresno St.'s is 23.9. Why is FSU ranked ahead of TCU?

Not sure. That may be something flawed in how I sent it to treat :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:08 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Just read the article.

I do have a question though:

It says TCU's avg. ranking is 23.6, while Fresno St.'s is 23.9. Why is FSU ranked ahead of TCU?

Not sure. That may be something flawed in how I sent it to treat :-?

Just looked and is must be due to when Treat threw out the highest ranking for each team and got that ranking because the numbers are a bit off from mine.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:52 pm

Good stuff as always Dee ;-D
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:17 pm

Metroid wrote:Oregon still ranked by some....Knapp has em in the top 20 still! 8-o

Not in my top20, but their body of work up to this point, is still decent. Obviously, if they continue to slide with the 5th string QB, they'll continue to fall.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:23 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Oregon still ranked by some....Knapp has em in the top 20 still! 8-o

Not in my top20, but their body of work up to this point, is still decent. Obviously, if they continue to slide with the 5th string QB, they'll continue to fall.

Here is how I looked at Oregon:

There defense, outside of that BSU game and the first quarter plus 4 seconds of the Purdue game, has been pretty dominant. Oregon has a solid run game and had they had any pass game at all in the BSU game they win that game. Also, had Bellotti decided to play their Frosh QB at half instead of late in that game, they win that game, maybe even going away. Without a pass threat they are not a top 25 team IMO, but if they get any pass attack they are a top 15 to 20 IMO. I put them where I did because although I love their new QB and he looked great, that was with a team that had no idea he would see the field. I want to wait and see what he does when a team gameplans for him. If he plays decent this week, they have a chance to beat everyone on their schedule except for USC
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:07 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Can someone who ranked Oklahoma ahead of Georgia AFTER having Georgia ahead of Oklahoma preseason explain to me why you moved OK ahead of them? It doesn't really make sense to me, when Georgia has played a tougher schedule so far, they have dropped in the rankings.

I cant speak for everyone, but I know in my case I actually moved UGA ahead of OU for that very reason. Then I moved LSU ahead of them. So the move may not actually be because of OU, but because of what Florida and LSU did.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:20 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Can someone who ranked Oklahoma ahead of Georgia AFTER having Georgia ahead of Oklahoma preseason explain to me why you moved OK ahead of them? It doesn't really make sense to me, when Georgia has played a tougher schedule so far, they have dropped in the rankings.

I cant speak for everyone, but I know in my case I actually moved UGA ahead of OU for that very reason. Then I moved LSU ahead of them. So the move may not actually be because of OU, but because of what Florida and LSU did.

could also be a score thing I guess. UGA has played close games, while OU has flat out dominated and run up the score. I know OU has a worse schedule, but that could be someones reasoning. Don't look at me, OU has never been below 2 for me
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:59 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:

could also be a score thing I guess. UGA has played close games, while OU has flat out dominated and run up the score. I know OU has a worse schedule, but that could be someones reasoning. Don't look at me, OU has never been below 2 for me

Hskr- While I put Georgia ahead of both LSU and UF, I could see either or both of them jumping Georgia.

deeray- Isn't is more impressive to beat a good team close than a bad team by a lot?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:59 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:

I'm not exactly on the UGA bandwagon because I dont think they've looked that great except for the win against ASU which lost the week before that to UNLV. The win against SC was not great, but it was on the road, and SC is better than Washington (OU's only road opponent).
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:58 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Hskr- While I put Georgia ahead of both LSU and UF, I could see either or both of them jumping Georgia.

deeray- Isn't is more impressive to beat a good team close than a bad team by a lot?

I didn't do it. It was conjecture on why someone would have made the moves you asked about. As I said, I haven't had OK out of my top 2. It has been USC and OK
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football