Ding Dong, Matt Millen's gone!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Ding Dong, Matt Millen's gone!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ding Dong, Matt Millen's gone!!!

Postby scrumtalecent » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:44 am

Well said, Angryman and Mooch. I'm glad they finally fired the guy, but if that's the only change they make not involving the players, I'm not interested either.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:21 am

i read that Bill Polian said that Mayhew would make an excellent GM someday. i can just see WCF saying "blahhh...Billy likes him, lets keep him" :-o
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:52 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i read that Bill Polian said that Mayhew would make an excellent GM someday. i can just see WCF saying "blahhh...Billy likes him, lets keep him" :-o

Not the least bit excited about anybody that has been involved in Millens shake down cruise. Meyhew has been DoorMatt's assistant GM in charge of player procurement. Anybody who has had even the appearence of any responsibility for drafting and hiring this current group of players should be ousted. What scares me is that Lord Ford agreed to release his favorite Chia pet from his football prison with the agreement that we wouldn't spend any money this year to replace him. So we keep insiders who have proven to be bad at their jobs. Even the Tom Lewand, who the local media seems to think is so good with the financial aspects, has this team in a very bad cap situation. Are the Lions now to take their time-tested approach and dump everybodies incompetetence into one person's basket? Are all of the problems with the Lions now laid on Millen and the others get off scot free? Classic Lions scapegoating, it is. Worked real well with Martz, didn't it?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:02 pm

I fixed this up and posted it in a topic in the Football Leftovers, but I just had to put it where I knew you all (fellow Lions fans) would catch it.

Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:15 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:I fixed this up and posted it in a topic in the Football Leftovers, but I just had to put it where I knew you all (fellow Lions fans) would catch it.

Well done. Would have rather a Fire NimRod were there instead. I think we are seeing the old man stepping down. I think Lil' Bill won a power struggle in getting Millen fired. I wonder if in the meeting between Lord Ford, Lil' Bill, and Millen had on Tuesday didn't include a gauntlett tossing by Lil' Bill to the tune of "Why don't you just ask Matt to resign Dad"? Lord Ford agreed and asked, whereupon Millen showed his character and declined. You'll remember that he had always maintained that if Lord Ford ever asked him to step down he would.
But when pressed he reveal just what a liar and thief he is.
So I wonder if Lord Ford was so shaken by how badly he was taken in by Millen that he is rethinking how much say he wants in the running of this team. For crying-put-loud the man is 83. Take a breather, Lord Ford. Maybe we can all breath a little easier.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:56 pm

OMG - this past weekend Mike Williams hauls in 10 passes for 123 yds for the Seahawks and Roy Williams scores 2 TD's for the Cowboys!!! Maybe Matt Millen was a drafting genius afterall??? We gotta apologize and get him back asap!

;-) ;-) ;-)

:-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:34 pm

[quote="stomperrob"]OMG - this past weekend Mike Williams hauls in 10 passes for 123 yds for the Seahawks and Roy Williams scores 2 TD's for the Cowboys!!! Maybe Matt Millen was a drafting genius afterall??? We gotta apologize and get him back asap!

;-) ;-) ;-)

And yet the Sun still rose this morning. Prolly players who are coached better, play better.
No need to apologize to Millen, he still doesn't think he did anything wrong. Shortest memory in history.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Detroit Lions