Is this trade veto-able? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Is this trade veto-able?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is this trade veto-able?

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:48 pm

I don't believe that a league should have Veto power. I think it should be the Commish's job, and I think the league's duty should be choosing a commish that will play fair.

Regardless, one of my leagues is a veto-vote league. Because it is such, I have a decision to make.

This league wants to turn into a 3 player keeper next year, and wants to be a money league this year (but that was put to a vote after the draft, and I don't think that everyone will pony up... so I don't know how valid that is.)

7th place (2-1) team trades Pittsburgh D to the 10th place (0-3) team for Indy D. 7th place team will then have Indy and the J-e-t-s D. That's trading the 10th best D vs the 4th WORST D.

I'm in first place, and my team looks to be the best in our league, so that trade won't hurt me, but it could hurt others, and it sets a bad precedent. 7th place team is "mom" and 10th place team is "daughter." Am I nuts, or is this collusion, just on a really weak arse scale? I really don't see how there could be a legitimate reason for ANYONE in a 12 team league to want Indy's D. Letting a trade like that slide... how long before they trade bench players for top tier RBs and WRs?

I would have hoped the commish would have stepped in right away. But he ain't, yet. I do not have high hopes for the league existing next season.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is this trade veto-able?

Postby bungle613 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:52 pm

Talk to them as it is a MOther/daughter thing and it is likely over dinner on Sunday night that the daughter asked Mom to help out. But for me, you can not assume that it is collusion so therefore I couldn't veto it. It is just a D/St for a D/ST
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby yellowbelly » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:45 pm

I dont see anything wrong with this trade...yes it does seem one-sided and the impact on the league would be minimal. But a DEF for DEF trade, nothing to freak out over, methinks.
yellowbelly
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby FatFoot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:08 pm

I think that when looked at as a top 10 RB vs a bottom 4 RB it would stand out as a great deal more obviously wrong. I am all for "needing a really good reason" for a veto... but I'm surprised that it doesn't strike you guys as inappropriate. Everyone else I've spoken to about it sort of leans the other way. Shows how much I know...
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:58 am

Talk to the owner getting the Colts D and ask them why they think this trade will benefit them.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner