Best Offenses to Play Your Defense Against? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Offenses to Play Your Defense Against?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Offenses to Play Your Defense Against?

Postby pappymojo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:27 pm

So, I'm in a cbssportsline league, and overall I like it but their user interface for stats is pretty awful.

Can someone identify which teams are the best ones to start your defense/special teams against? In other words, which teams have thrown the most interceptions, fumbled the ball the most, allowed the most kick or punt returns for TDs, allowed the most sacks, etc.

Thanks.
'nuff said
pappymojo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best Offenses to Play Your Defense Against?

Postby Popcynical » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:12 pm

The Rams..
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby waterproof » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:22 pm

KC is the best... Atlanta's D looked great last week, but we all know that they suck.
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:38 pm

Technically, you are looking for the WORST offenses to play your defense against. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:51 pm

Rams and Chiefs are probably your best bets. Ravens aren't great on offense either, and it looks like the Patriots could turn into a good play for fantasy defenses as well (if they keep playing like they did vs Miami).

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:00 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote: Ravens aren't great on offense either

id hold off on that one as of now. i wouldnt say they are great, but i dont know that they are the bottom of the barrel. they put up 17 and 28 points in their two games and in both games the ravens ended the game by expiring the clock kneeling inside the 10 in the red zone on first and goals.

the rams and chiefs are the obvious ones. id also say houston...and for turnover purposes and sacks i like teams against the lions.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:10 pm

not sure how these answers are going to help you since each team only plays 12 different opponents in the regular season and you have no choice as to who they are playing each week - the NFL schedule decides who they will play.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:24 pm

Look for teams that have young players at the skill postitions, most notably at QB and play on the road.
Take the Falcons. They are playing the Panthers on the road. To me this is a game where the Falcons could really struggle.
The Ravens also must go on the road to face a divisional foe, but the Stiller D is not going to be available.
Houston at Jags fits the mold.
Same too the Skins going to Dallas. Again both of these Ds are probably taken.
A long shot is the Saints. They host a Niner team led by erratic journeyman QB JT O'Sullivan. The Niners are off to a good start, but playing away from home might be a recipe for JTO to be MIA. Saints D does like to treat company nicely though, so not a good bet.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby onnestabe » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:27 am

moochman wrote:Look for teams that have young players at the skill postitions, most notably at QB and play on the road.
Take the Falcons. They are playing the Panthers on the road. To me this is a game where the Falcons could really struggle.
The Ravens also must go on the road to face a divisional foe, but the Stiller D is not going to be available.
Houston at Jags fits the mold.
Same too the Skins going to Dallas. Again both of these Ds are probably taken.
A long shot is the Saints. They host a Niner team led by erratic journeyman QB JT O'Sullivan. The Niners are off to a good start, but playing away from home might be a recipe for JTO to be MIA. Saints D does like to treat company nicely though, so not a good bet.

I would avoid the Saints DST this week. The secondary is banged up, and they haven't played well against the pass so far. I expect another shootout.

So far, STL and KC are far-and-away the worst offenses going right now. I would throw OAK and CHI in there as well as teams that I want my defense playing against. NE could be a viable choice. HOU has looked pretty awful on offense so far, but keep in mind that they have played against two of the best defenses in the league, and they have a few talented guys on offense that can go off at any time. MIN is going to be a decent matchup play some weeks if you have a defense that plays well against the run - their passing game isn't going to suddenly come alive with Gus Frerotte at QB. A surprise pick is PIT based on their inability to protect Big Ben and the injury to Willie Parker. I am drooling over my Ravens DST (free agent pickup after our draft :-D ) going up against PIT this week after the sack numbers that PHI put up last week and the fumble problems that Mendenhall had in the preseason.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk