Week 5 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 5 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 5 Games Talk

Postby Metroid » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:06 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:UGA def looked like a totally different team in the second half. They also made some really dumb penalties/mistakes in this game that cost them

PSU looks great right now

Yup...I'm sad this is the last football of the day. :,-( :-B

I know you didn't get to see Oregon play today dee but maybe my play by play gave you an impression of how they looked. :-D :-B

What do you think Oregon's chances are going to Southern Cal next week? :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:11 pm

I think Oregon is overrated and talked about too much around here... Go VIRGINIA TECH. :-b

What the heck is up with Georgia and Florida losing today? And Wake Forest lost to Navy. :-B
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Metroid » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:19 pm

SniperShot wrote:I think Oregon is overrated and talked about too much around here...

That's banning talk. }:-) :-b
Metroid

Postby Sandrock » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:37 pm

Metroid wrote:Why? I watch the Beavers every chance I get, and as long as they're not playing the Ducks I root for them. :-?

I meant that they were destroying WSU so badly that I had to turn the channel because I couldn't watch the slaughter anymore. You can only watch so much decimation.

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Yes, I'm sure now that Georgia is getting killed you knew it all along, huh?

Yes, I had a pretty good read on this one. I watched Georgia barely get by a very very porous Arizona State team and knew they were in for a beating somewhere down the line. It's not much of a stretch to think it could come from Alabama with Saban at the helm and that very young team all with a year of experience now.

Seriously, you act as though I'm strutting around the cafe saying I knew how every game would end up. Stop being so snippy.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:36 pm

Sandrock wrote:
Metroid wrote:Why? I watch the Beavers every chance I get, and as long as they're not playing the Ducks I root for them. :-?

I meant that they were destroying WSU so badly that I had to turn the channel because I couldn't watch the slaughter anymore. You can only watch so much decimation.

Ah gotcha. ;-D

Yeah I guess unless it's your team it does get pretty obnoxious. :-b
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:26 am

Question for anyone who watched the VT/Nebraska game - do you see now what I've been saying about Nebraska? Weird team. We can score on a four-play, 80-yard drive in like 50 seconds, then turn around and go 1-7 on third down in the first half. And I wasn't shocked about either circumstance.

I think a lot of the Husker kool-aid drinkers are going to finally come back down to earth. There were WAY too many idiots talking MNC or BCS bowl game this year. Look for more losses to Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech.

This team is at least another year away.

In other news...

Holy crap. 25 pages? That's amazing. What did you guys do, comment on every play?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:45 am

Metroid wrote:Yeah I guess unless it's your team it does get pretty obnoxious. :-b

Good to see you're not totally oblivious to that. :-b

I know you're an ardent fan at all, but touchdown-by-touchdown updates of Oregon destroying the worst team in the conference does get old. ;-)
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:57 am

What a week. Didn't see any games but utilized the handheld to give updates. 3 top 5 teams downed. 8-o
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:25 am

The Lung wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah I guess unless it's your team it does get pretty obnoxious. :-b

I know you're an ardent fan at all, but touchdown-by-touchdown updates of Oregon destroying the worst team in the conference does get old. ;-)

After getting manhandled last week by BSU it felt good. Besides I know at least one person who liked the updates....at least I think he did. :-B
Metroid

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:01 am

Metroid wrote:
The Lung wrote:

After getting manhandled last week by BSU it felt good. Besides I know at least one person who liked the updates....at least I think he did. :-B

I appreciated them ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football