Capitilizing on over reactions. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Capitilizing on over reactions.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Capitilizing on over reactions.

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:31 pm

I like the list, except I gotta heavily disagree with TJ Who's-Your-Momma. He appears on this list for all the wrong reasons. Remember TJ was a model of consistency last year and could be relied on week in and week out. Basically its one week too late to put him down on the "Under Rated" tab. Chad Ocho Cinco looks worse than ever this year which only leaves more balls for TJ to catch...

I like what Free Bagel said. Football is more of a "What you see is what you get" type league. If you are severely unimpressed with a player you should definitely look to move him. Remember that there isn't 162 games for guys to work out their struggles over. But you certainly dont want to overreact. Most importantly look at a players schedules. Do the games get easier from here on out? Take everything into consideration before you do something drastic...
jake_harv88
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Motown Blues » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:54 pm

A nice post...though I have to disagree with you a bit regarding Moss, mostly to piggy-back on FreeBagel's comments. As far as I'm concerned, you can HAVE your Randy Moss, because I think Cassel is useless and he just might give up a la his Raider days. So I would rather avoid the risk, and not even bother attempting to deal for him...regardless of how cheap. And that's not coming from over-reaction or a "newbie" mentality, just common sense based on experience. Case by case, for sure. Do not be so quick to buy under-performers from the over-reactors. How long did people wait and wait....and wait...for Marvin Harrison to come back last year? Were you afraid to bench Fast Willie last year because you were afraid that he would FINALLY score a TD? How about Lee Evans, circa 2007? If you snagged any of these guys "cheap" from someone last year, you probably regretted it.
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Drew Brees was the classic buy low last year, I think he had 4 terrible games, not just average but terrible and owners probably got antsy...He went on a tear afterwards.

I'd sell high on Mcnabb, he's already showing signs of breaking down once again and sorry but I wouldn't trust him to still be leading my team by week 13, he always gets off to a tear then fades or starts to get hurt.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:18 pm

I'm trying to trade Turner for LT...guy is thinking it over. 8-o
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:33 pm

Trade for Tom Brady. He had 50 TDs last year.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheMaizeAndBlue » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:03 pm

Haha, well it seems that we all have differing opinions on these guys, and that's great, otherwise nobody would get any trades done. As far as saying TJ Housh was a model of consistency last year, I would have to disagree with that. He had something like 80% of his TDs in the first half of the season, before Chris Henry came on strong. He really faded during the stretch run last year. As far as Randy Moss, I'm not advocating trading for him as your #1 WR. It's just that I'm seeing him get dealt for WR3 type guys, and his upside is so much higher than those guys it's well worth the risk, at least IMO.

And Jason Seahorn ;-D . good advice.
TheMaizeAndBlue
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JoshJungalo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:17 pm

I actually agree to sell on Randy Moss now. This guy wasnt worth much more than Santana Moss before Brady and now that Brady is down he is right back to where he started. a WR is only as good as his QB and when your QB doesnt throw farther than 10 yard passes you cant expect big #'s
JoshJungalo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Puban666 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:22 pm

I just traded Moss for Colston, I disagree with bush being over-valued as of right now he's pretty much the whole entire NO offense passing and rushing no goal line carries but he'll get a touchdown one way or another, Id hold on to him till there bye then Colston and Shockey should be back, but until then he's gonna put up numbers like a STUD.
12 man money

Q- Eli Manning,
WR- M Colston, Bowe, Chambers, M Jones
RB- Portis, R.Bush, Torain, P. Thomas, Lean Washigton, Nate Washignton
TE- Gates, Scheffler
K- Gotowski
Def- Chicago

5-2
Puban666
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby totalair32 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:48 pm

TheMaizeAndBlue wrote:Haha, well it seems that we all have differing opinions on these guys, and that's great, otherwise nobody would get any trades done. As far as saying TJ Housh was a model of consistency last year, I would have to disagree with that. He had something like 80% of his TDs in the first half of the season, before Chris Henry came on strong. He really faded during the stretch run last year. As far as Randy Moss, I'm not advocating trading for him as your #1 WR. It's just that I'm seeing him get dealt for WR3 type guys, and his upside is so much higher than those guys it's well worth the risk, at least IMO.

And Jason Seahorn ;-D . good advice.

Chris Henry had 2 TD's last year. And while most of his TD's still came in the first half, he still put up solid PPR numbers. I don't think he's overvalued at all, he's still a top fantasy receiver, and with Cincy finally hitting their stride, the bigger games will continue to come.

On Reggie Bush, in any format, I think its clear he's a RB1. Now if there's an offer that blows your socks off for him, of course you are going to sell high. However, in a PPR league, there's only 2 people I'd rather have and that's LT and Westbrook. And for me, Westbrook isn't even a lock ahead of him b/c of the ankle injury.
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby totalair32 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:49 pm

JoshJungalo wrote:I actually agree to sell on Randy Moss now. This guy wasnt worth much more than Santana Moss before Brady and now that Brady is down he is right back to where he started. a WR is only as good as his QB and when your QB doesnt throw farther than 10 yard passes you cant expect big #'s

What? :-t
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk