Capitilizing on over reactions. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Capitilizing on over reactions.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Capitilizing on over reactions.

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:12 am

totalair32 wrote:
JoshJungalo wrote:I actually agree to sell on Randy Moss now. This guy wasnt worth much more than Santana Moss before Brady and now that Brady is down he is right back to where he started. a WR is only as good as his QB and when your QB doesnt throw farther than 10 yard passes you cant expect big #'s

What? :-t

yeah, you heard him ;-D (though I don't know about the 10yd part... :-? )
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:18 am

onnestabe wrote:Nice post.

I do disagree about Reggie, though. With injuries to Colston, Patten, Shockey, Stecker, and Deuce, he is the only weapon left in the offense. He's going to be a solid RB1 all year in non-PPR leagues, and will be a stud in PPR leagues. The work he did in the offseason to improve has paid off. Last year, he had some problems with drops, wrong routes, etc, but I haven't noticed him making those mistakes this year. With Colston missing time, Reggie will be the leading receiver (in yards and catches) this year on an offense that will put up over 4000 yards.

FYI, I am a Saints fan, so you can either write this off as homer talk or realize that I've watched every Saints game intently.

I think Reggie has a legitimate shot at breaking the reception record this season. Hell, he could lead the NFL in receiving as well. That's the type of weapon this guy has become.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby TheMaizeAndBlue » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:22 am

Wow, that's alot of love for Reggie right there...which is precisely why I'm selling on him right now. I don't generally play in PPR leagues, so if that's your main league, take everything I say with a grain of salt, as the wealth of my experience is in standard scoring leagues with no PPR. Sure, Reggie is a legit #1 right now, but when he's getting hyped the way he is now, and everyone is convinced that a superior talent finally "gets" it. (not saying he doesn't, just don't expect 20+ points every week like the way he's going now) I'm selling high when I'm fielding tremendous offers for the guy.
TheMaizeAndBlue
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby totalair32 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:46 am

Kareighuis wrote:
totalair32 wrote:
JoshJungalo wrote:I actually agree to sell on Randy Moss now. This guy wasnt worth much more than Santana Moss before Brady and now that Brady is down he is right back to where he started. a WR is only as good as his QB and when your QB doesnt throw farther than 10 yard passes you cant expect big #'s

Randy Moss wasn't worth more Santana Moss before Brady? Are you kidding me?
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby TheMaizeAndBlue » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:54 am

totalair32 wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:
totalair32 wrote:

Randy Moss wasn't worth more Santana Moss before Brady? Are you kidding me?

I reread his statement a few times, and I believe what he was saying is that before Randy Moss came to New England, a.k.a the Oakland years, he and Santana Moss were pretty close in value, and that now that Brady has gone down, he is essentially the same player he was back in Oakland. However, I would argue that the Pats are still a better team than Oakland was a few years back, and that Belichick will keep Moss relatively in line. I'd say Moss now is still better than Moss in Oakland, by a long shot.
TheMaizeAndBlue
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby raised » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:06 pm

Moss is a 3rd wr, imo, unless they trade for a qb. Bellichek, for all of his "greatness", seems to have his back against the wall trying to prove they can win without Brady and it's not all about 1 guy. Of course he's right. They can win 7 or 8 games. Go make some offers on Garcia, Bulger, Kitna, etc. Do something. I can't understand how anyone can be so dumb as to have there only backup being a player who never started a game in college. I mean, get real, that's ridiculous. He has no experience at all.

The pats made the classic mistake that they usually avoid. They didn't pay attention to if the guy can play (he certainly can't or he would have). They picked a workout guy with a good arm who'll never be worth anything. That's one thing Holmgren was always great at. They were always grooming good young qbs like Hasselbeck, Favre, Brunell, etc even when they had a clear starter who was still young.

That's a really long way of saying that Moss sucks this year badly unless the pats give in and trade some picks for a qb.

PS - Good post though. I've noticed the same thing lately. The fantasy articles out there always talk like it's just you they're sharing their precious knowledge with and nobody else in the world will ever know. Fact is, anyone you're trading with is reading the same articles. So you have to use that to your advantage and understand when players are being overrated or under valued.
raised
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk