Multiple owners: changed to inactive owners. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Multiple owners: changed to inactive owners.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Multiple owners: changed to inactive owners.

Postby Spartan03 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:11 pm

This whole situation just seems incredibly lame to me. One guy in the league I commish changes his name weekly just to mess with whoever his opponent is. Two people think it's excessive and complained. Whenever a few people and myself told the whiners that he wasn't causing any trouble and that nothing would be done, one of them proceeds to recruit like 3 people to change their team names to be the same thing. Seems like these guys are just trying to lash out because of their annoyance with the first situation. I wouldn't care at all if they changed their names periodically like the other guy, but having themselves all being named the same thing just irritates me.

I was thinking, and I could not come to any reasons that the duplicate team names would cause trouble. It is annoying, but as I told others to get over it, I'm trying to do the same. Would the dupe names cause any issues down the line that maybe I couldn't see? The owner's name is on each roster page, so any intelligent owner can make sure he's dealing with the right person.
Last edited by Spartan03 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spartan03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Multiple owners with same team name?

Postby bungle613 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:20 pm

You summed it up very nicely. Annoying and childish but oh well, no real harm so no foul. Let the kids play.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby spodog » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:27 pm

if this is your biggest problem in your league, you ain't got no problems.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:57 am

I do that in one of my money leagues. I change my team name each week to make fun of my opponent or their players in some way.

And yeah, just click on the team and you'll see the login/manager so there should be no confusion.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Motown Blues » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:48 pm

spodog wrote:if this is your biggest problem in your league, you ain't got no problems.

Actually, I think this situation illustrates a REAL problem. See, you're in a league full of douche-bags. You need to find a new one for '09. ;-D
Motown Blues
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Lung » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:12 pm

If Yahoo is your league host, you have the ability to lock out team name changes if it's really that big a problem. Commish Tools > Lock Teams > Team Name
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Spartan03 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Lung, but nah it's ESPN.

spodog wrote:if this is your biggest problem in your league, you ain't got no problems.

As it turns out, I do have bigger problems now. Most of the guys in my league have been around with us a few years, but we had a vacancy and I filled it with someone's coworker on a recommendation. Let's call the original owner John and the coworker Doug. It turns out that Doug is a complete moron. He's going to be 0-4 this week and hasn't really paid attention at all this year. I have had to bench his "out", bye week, and IR players (who keeps IR players?) almost every week in an effort to make the league as competitive as it can be. It's a money league, however a very small one ($30 entry fee). The other owners are pushing for me to boot Doug and not refund his money. I'm strongly considering this option. Now, John is backing Doug, saying if we boot him, he's benching his players until I boot him as well. We have never had an issue like this in our league's history. Neither of these two guys are that savvy to begin with, so it's really not a big loss except for the timing.

What is the best course of action from here?
Spartan03
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re:

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:47 pm

Spartan03 wrote:Thanks for the suggestion Lung, but nah it's ESPN.

As it turns out, I do have bigger problems now. Most of the guys in my league have been around with us a few years, but we had a vacancy and I filled it with someone's coworker on a recommendation. Let's call the original owner John and the coworker Doug. It turns out that Doug is a complete moron. He's going to be 0-4 this week and hasn't really paid attention at all this year. I have had to bench his "out", bye week, and IR players (who keeps IR players?) almost every week in an effort to make the league as competitive as it can be. It's a money league, however a very small one ($30 entry fee). The other owners are pushing for me to boot Doug and not refund his money. I'm strongly considering this option. Now, John is backing Doug, saying if we boot him, he's benching his players until I boot him as well. We have never had an issue like this in our league's history. Neither of these two guys are that savvy to begin with, so it's really not a big loss except for the timing.

What is the best course of action from here?

About the names: annoying but I wouldn't do anything about that. ;-D

About the latter: again, I wouldn't do anything. Also, I don't think you should've touched his lineup at all. The guy obviously wasted his $30, but it's his team. I'll never touch anyone's lineup unless it's a crazy extreme case where the owner specifically asks me to set his lineup because for some reason he can't. I wouldn't do anything except watch him like a hawk and make sure that he doesn't do something really bad throughout the season. Then he wouldn't be invited back next year. ;-D

Good luck! ;-D

PS: If ALL the other 9 owners wanted him out then I could see booting him. But you have one guy that wants him in so I don't think that should be an option...just my .02. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to Commissioner's Corner