finally able analyse whats wrong with my team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

finally able analyse whats wrong with my team

Moderator: Football Moderators

finally able analyse whats wrong with my team

Postby BradtheImpaler » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:56 am

im 2-7.....and for as much emphasis that gets placed on rb's....its my wr's that are killing me.....week in and week out, they do nothing for me....my main 3 starters are k robinson burress and driver......whadda wretched situation.....s moss is now a full time starter, and thankfully i had him in the line-up last week, so i could at least have a decent score. and i will just have to decide which wr is the odd man out now.

dillon has also killed me....its not his fault, but constantly getting 1/2 points from his injured arse is a real down-fall for me.

the only good news is that all teams in my league make the playoffs......! 8-o

Im totally against the bottom 4 makin the playoffs, but if i can win the whole damn thing after posting a 3-11 record or whatever during the regular season, then that'd be fine with me.

Hasselbeck Pennington
Portis Mcallister Dillon Betts Gordon Zeroue Rudi Johnson
Burress Robinson Driver D Jackson S Moss Chambers
Shockey
Kasay
Chad Brown Warrick Holdman Keith Bulluck Travian Smith Scott Fujuita
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Buckychudd » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:20 pm

Bad luck on those WRs.....you drafted some guys who are really talented and should have put up some huge points. Unfortunately Burress, K-Rob, and Driver are all turning out to be huge busts this year.

On another note.....it's pretty stupid that everybody makes your playoffs, then the season means absolutely nothing! You need them to change that next year.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby BradtheImpaler » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:23 pm

yeah, next year we will either do away with playoffs, and just play a 17 game schedule, or only have the top 4 make it in the playoffs.

i favor the 17 game regular season schedule anyways, cause in fantasy football i think you should be rewarded for consistentcy over the course of the season......well winning consistency that is....otherwise id be rewarded handsomely with my 2-7 record, and 6 game losing streak :~(
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby greatgretzky » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:36 pm

well there has to be playoffs. I am two games behind the leader, and I have a six game win streak, he has afive game one. So Basically without playoffs, the likelihood of him losing is basically nil. His team is good.

But haveing everyone make the playoffs is silly. Iw ould jsut spend the whole season losing and trying to acquire players with the best ending series of games i.e. the most cupcakes, then try and roll the opposition. there is no incentive to try in that scenario.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:42 pm

I am 6-3 but the losses that I have are completely from my WRs. I have Henry and Portis and they have been pretty consisient. One loss was when they both got hurt in the same week, but the other two are because my top three WRs, AJohnson, Harrison, and K-Rob underferformed. Harrison is supposed to be real consistent, but he has a couple really bad FF games. He has had about 59 yards, not too bad in real life, but that is only 5 points. Koren is my most consistent WR on my team. He only deviates about 2 points every week...always between 3-5. That is annoying. Andre was very hot early in the year, but now he has cooled down a lot. He isn't doing real good and hasn't scored big for a while. I just hope my RBs and McNair can continue to hold my team together.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk