Had a trade rejected by people voting against it - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Had a trade rejected by people voting against it

Moderator: Football Moderators

Had a trade rejected by people voting against it

Postby denb23 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Ok, this one is a little different. I'm in a league with a bunch of guys I know and the trash talk gets a little crazy. Anyway, I had my recent trade of Tony Romo for Larry Fitzgerald voted against by the owners in the league not because it's a bad trade, but because they don't want me to see my team get better. I even spoke to the commish on the phone about this last night and he said that. He said that I brag about my team too much so they voted against my trade. He said I shouldn't brag so much about my team, but I do that more to get people fired up not because I think my team is that great. Anyway, do I have a right to gripe because people are clearly colluding and just voting down my trade because the don't want my team to improve?

I'd like to hear some objective opinions on this. Thanks.

Dennis
denb23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Had a trade rejected by people voting against it

Postby padrino990_200 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:41 pm

in all honesty i wouldnt play in this league anymore. i would play the rest of the year and hopefully win to shut them up then tell them where to go and to find a new owner
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:16 pm

I agree with Padrino. Finish the year and find a better league next year. If they complain your team is too good, you can apologize for being a good manager and tell them you hope they learn how to be good managers too O:-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:12 pm

they are whiny b words. talking up your team is what makes it so fun. especially in football where you have nothing to do the whole week. all we do in one of my leagues is pump our team and rag on others.

actually in one league i have the same thing going on where a trade is getting vetoed bc they think it makes one team too good
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bungle613 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:20 pm

I agree wiht all the above. Finish your year, hopefully win it all and walk away making it known as to why you will no longer be a member of the league. If the otherowners gripingis public about your deal then I would make your intentions of leaving public now as well.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Script-Ohio » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:26 am

Agree w/ all of the above. Your league is a whiny crybaby league
Script-Ohio
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby denb23 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:52 am

Thanks guys. I appreciate your opinions on this. I don't plan on leaving the league, but made everyone aware that I wasn't happy with the game they played. Trash talk is one thing, but F'ing with somebody's team by collusion is a totally different matter.

Dennis
denb23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:05 pm

I don't play in leagues that run them this way, I have one similiar where trash talking is heavy with friends year round, but we let guys trade, we tried this process just for a year and all hell broke loose, there were issues like this one non stop, but since we switched to commish approval it's been fine.

If they don't agree to change the rules of the veto process I'd suggest looking for another competitive that gives owners more freedom.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:36 pm

Sorry to hear that man. That's why NONE of my many leagues decide trades by league vote. Trades should be vetoed for 1 reason and 1 reason only...if collusion/cheating is suspected. Otherwise, EVERY trade, no matter how lopsided it might look on paper should get passed. Add another vote for changing the system or leaving the league. That's not right at all. :-t :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby denb23 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:00 am

Turns out justice was served. My second trade attempt went through and my team is sitting pretty in 2nd place. Water under the bridge now. Thanks for your opinions on this guys!

Dennis
denb23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner