Tricky Situation on Yahoo... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Tricky Situation on Yahoo...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tricky Situation on Yahoo...

Postby genchik » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:05 am

Ok, I'm not sure how this works, so if someone has done something like this before, please let me know.

My only kicker - Adam Vinatieri, has a bye this week. However, I'm thinking of not starting a kicker until Monday night (both available on wire). Can I drop Vinatieri right before Monday night game and pickup a new kicker?

All of mine opponents players will be done by Sunday night, and so will mine, so if I have it won, I don't see a need to waste a move.
genchik
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tricky Situation on Yahoo...

Postby shagworth » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:55 pm

To answer your question...yes you could do this.

However, no kicker in the league is really worth getting that attached to...You can always pick up another.

Reason being is that I want to get all the points that I can during the season, because when it's time for playoff seeding, and their is a tie, then the person with the highest total points throughout the season will get the higher seed.

So, yeah, you can do it...but I would probably just pick up another kicker regardless.
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Payne Dailey » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:31 pm

You need to do it on Sunday. When you try to pick up the player on Monday, it lets you but it won't let you add him to the lineup. It says somewhere in the rules that the week is Sunday to Sunday, well it did last year.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slik420 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:03 pm

Go and pick up another I am sure nobody will pick AV up and you can get his again in the middle of the week.
slik420
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby marley972 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:06 pm

kickers are somewhat a dime a dozen.....don't fret if this is your biggest problem
P Manning
RB
B Jacobs NYG
S Slaton HOU
J Forsett SEA
J Sneilling ATL
D Sproles SD
WR
R White ATL
K Walter HOU
S Smith NYG
R Meachem NO
K Britt TEN
TE
Visante Shianco MINN
DEF
Minn
marley972
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JMUduke07 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:You need to do it on Sunday. When you try to pick up the player on Monday, it lets you but it won't let you add him to the lineup. It says somewhere in the rules that the week is Sunday to Sunday, well it did last year.

Since this has already been bumped, I will confirm that this is still the way the system works this year. The next week's moves start on Monday. You can, however, pick up a player Sunday and start him Monday (in fact, I picked up Marcedes Lewis at 7:50 last night and played him; my TE was on a bye and my opponent's team had finished and I was losing by two points. I really employed the same move as the OP of this thread.)

So yeah, to anybody looking to try some fancy move like this, don't wait until Monday morning to grab your guy.
JMUduke07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Beginner's Forum