Greg Jennings.. A top 5 WR? I think he has a case! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greg Jennings.. A top 5 WR? I think he has a case!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Greg Jennings.. A top 5 WR? I think he has a case!

Postby kemper5 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:21 am

I believe Greg Jennings has a strong case to be included in the top 5 WR's in the league. Already he has 373 Yards (leading league) and 19 catches. I think he will end up with 90+ catch, 1300+ yard, 8-10 TD type numbers..I see Owens,Wayne,Fitz,Marshall and Jennings in the top 5 right now and I believe throughout the year, I believe Moss,Edwards & Welker have dropped considerably due to their QB situations. What do you think?
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Greg Jennings.. A top 5 WR? I think he has a case!

Postby Purple1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:25 am

I made a thread about this before the season started that said basically the same thing. :-D
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:44 pm

I agree that he will be at or near the top 5, definitely in the top 10.

I think you need to include Boldin in the discussion as well.

I think Jennings has a high likelihood of outscoring a lot of guys who were rated higher than him in the preseason (Moss, Edwards, Holmes, AJ, Housh etc.)

Yardage is the best predictor of performance IMO. TDs tend to be more random/situational. Barring injury, I think Jennings could realistically top 1500 yards this year, with a virtual lock on eclipsing 1300 yards (he only needs to get around 73ypg to hit 1300 from where he's at now, and he's been averaging around 120 so far) He's not the TD magnet that Marshall or Boldin are, but he will get his scores. I'd bet my left nut he gets at least 7tds, and probably has a 30% chance at getting 10 or more. He'll probably end up averaging between 11-13 fantasy points/game (standard scoring). What's beautiful about Jennings is that he's consistent with that yardage production, and always has big game potential to break long ones or nab multiple TDs.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby kemper5 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:47 am

What I also like is I see the Pack in a fair amount of come behind pass crazy games which will benefit Jennings too. This week, I see a nice 7 catch, 127 Yard, 1 TD typical performance.
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:29 pm

If I had to take a shot in the dark at top 5 at this point I see it like this:

1. Brandon Marshall - could easily take this spot, and majority of my leagues are PPR, he shot up past nearly everyone in just two games.
2. Larry Fitzgerald - Boldin gets keeps getting all the hype since he scored 3 TD's versus the worst secondary ever, but Fitz has scored or posted at least 100 receiving yards each game, he looks better then he ever has and I trust him to play all year..He's going to post the yardage totals of Jennings with way more catches and a handful more TD's.
3. Terrell Owens - His TD totals should end up around 16, I think 15 is his floor, so standard scoring I doubt he misses the top 5.
4. Plaxico Burres - This is ONLY if he stays healthy and plays at least 14-15 games, which is a toss up since that never seems to happen...He might play all his games, but he will have to play through a nagging injury for a large part of the season like always which drops his numbers, if that doesn't happen don't expect him to fall out of the top 5, he is grabbing receptions at an alarming rate and scored 12 TD's on one good foot last year, just like TO except with more catches this year.
5. Reggie Wayne - Quietly he should be there, even with Manning not playing his game.

Just missed the cut:

Anquan Boldin - I really like Q, but again he scored 3 TD's vs the Dolphins, and a few of them were gimme's when he was wide open, I would be willing to bank on Fitz being the higher scorer, contrary to what some believe Fitz looks like the favorite target but you can't go wrong with either, I just see Boldin as top 10 and Fitz as top 5.

Calvin Johnson - Kitna will be benched sometime soon, as talented as he has I question if he can produce 150 yd games and 2 scores with Drew Stanton at QB, might think about selling high on him.

Greg Jennings - I have him right in this 7-10 range, his yardage totals will be high, but I don't see him scoring 12-15 TD's this year...He's right on the cusp though, and certainly not a bad guy to have.
Last edited by LS2throwed on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby treat24 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:33 pm

Kid's a baller, he made Favre look better than he was last year and is making Rodgers look better than he is this year. :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:46 pm

He'll need to score some TDs to get into the top 5.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Popcynical » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:21 pm

He'll score touchdowns in due time. He already should have one... but James Jones stole it from him. Rodgers intended to pass to Jennings who was wide open in the endzone and Jones was a little in front of him and he just snagged it.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kemper5 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:40 pm

Popcynical wrote:He'll score touchdowns in due time. He already should have one... but James Jones stole it from him. Rodgers intended to pass to Jennings who was wide open in the endzone and Jones was a little in front of him and he just snagged it.

Very true, dang Jones :-)..He will get on a roll..Last year, 12 TD's in 13 starts..Guy is good!
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 2ksports » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:36 pm

top 5, no way. Top 15, no question. Lets see them actually play a good pass defense first. Lets see rodgers handle winter games first.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk