Greg Jennings.. A top 5 WR? I think he has a case! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greg Jennings.. A top 5 WR? I think he has a case!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Greg Jennings.. A top 5 WR? I think he has a case!

Postby ampant » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:34 pm

ampant wrote:I agree that he will be at or near the top 5, definitely in the top 10.

I think you need to include Boldin in the discussion as well.

I think Jennings has a high likelihood of outscoring a lot of guys who were rated higher than him in the preseason (Moss, Edwards, Holmes, AJ, Housh etc.)

Yardage is the best predictor of performance IMO. TDs tend to be more random/situational. Barring injury, I think Jennings could realistically top 1500 yards this year, with a virtual lock on eclipsing 1300 yards (he only needs to get around 73ypg to hit 1300 from where he's at now, and he's been averaging around 120 so far) He's not the TD magnet that Marshall or Boldin are, but he will get his scores. I'd bet my left nut he gets at least 7tds, and probably has a 30% chance at getting 10 or more. He'll probably end up averaging between 11-13 fantasy points/game (standard scoring). What's beautiful about Jennings is that he's consistent with that yardage production, and always has big game potential to break long ones or nab multiple TDs.

Thought I would revive this thread, since my prediction was almost dead on B-) . . . . I am in 2 leagues, 1 standard scoring and one 0.5ppr. Jennings is the number 3 overall WR in both of them, and is on pace for almost 1300 yards exactly and 10 ( or 9.85)tds. His average ppg in standard scoring . . . 13.1.
ampant wrote:I'd bet my left nut he gets at least 7tds
Looks like my left nard is safe. :-o

And I think I was the first to advocate Boldin for inclusion in the top 5 in that thread. The #1 WR in both my leagues . . . Boldin. And imagine if he hadn't missed games with a broken face! :-*
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk