Return to Commissioner's Corner

commish overstepping?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: commish overstepping?

Postby Goody » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Script-Ohio wrote:
Motown Blues wrote:douche-bag commish

That about said it all

Touche!! Only those folks who are competent and experienced in FF should be able to commish a league! This guy is obviously neither!
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:17 pm

The trade is fine.

Impeach.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Angry_Amish » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Goody wrote:
Script-Ohio wrote:
Motown Blues wrote:douche-bag commish

That about said it all

Touche!! Only those folks who are competent and experienced in FF should be able to commish a league! This guy is obviously neither!

Word! Who is this guy?!? Sorry bro, trading is great and should be encouraged, we had never had a trade voted down. Next year join a better league. It's dillweeds like these that give us commissioners a bad name. lol... I hope you beat him this season.
Angry_Amish
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mapache11 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:04 pm

Someone posted that the only reason to veto a trade is if there is collusion or cheating, and that never happens, so all trades go through. So why does your league have a veto system at all then?

I have a situation. I am the commissioner in a Yahoo league (which next year will refer all trades to Yahoo folks to review so that no one can complain if they get vetoed). But for now I can veto a trade that is lopsided.

Here is a trade that has been offered. I am not the owner of either team involved.

Marion Barber and Braylon Edwards for Steven Jackson and Marques Colston.

The team getting Barber and Edwards has Reggie Bush as his #1. The team getting Jackson has Marshawn Lynch as his number one RB.

We are a PPR league.

I am only interested in how fair you think the trade is, not whether Commissioners should have veto power, since I already know how the majority of the people posting feel about that.

Thanks for your help.
mapache11
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 pm

mapache11 wrote:Someone posted that the only reason to veto a trade is if there is collusion or cheating, and that never happens, so all trades go through. So why does your league have a veto system at all then?

I have a situation. I am the commissioner in a Yahoo league (which next year will refer all trades to Yahoo folks to review so that no one can complain if they get vetoed). But for now I can veto a trade that is lopsided.

Here is a trade that has been offered. I am not the owner of either team involved.

The team getting Barber and Edwards has Reggie Bush as his #1. The team getting Jackson has Marshawn Lynch as his number one RB.

We are a PPR league.

I am only interested in how fair you think the trade is, not whether Commissioners should have veto power, since I already know how the majority of the people posting feel about that.

Thanks for your help.

That trade is fine. I think it's a lot fairer than some of the other trades posted in the Commish's Corner subforum.

As far as determining collusion, it's not an easy thing to do...no one is going to break down and cry "I admit it! I was colluding!!!" What commissioners should do if they see what they feel to be a very lopsided trade is talk to the owners involved in the trade and ask them their reasoning for it. Although you are more interested in the owner giving up the better player(s), it can be good to hear what the other owner thinks to why the trade is fine. If the owner giving up the better players gives valid reasoning, you really should let it through. I know that sounds vague...if the reasoning is something like "I want to get Amani Toomer and give away Tomlinson and Marshall because the Giants won the Super Bowl so they are the best team", then that is obviously not a logical reason.

Again, it's hard to determine collusion and it's a judgment call by the commissioner in the end. You might end up letting a trade go through at some point and it turns out the two teams did have a deal worked out, but I think that chance is better than being veto-happy and making trades hard to pull off.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:27 am

Motown Blues wrote:I can never figure out why leagues continue to be configured with league votes.

;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby bungle613 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:17 am

mapache11 wrote:Someone posted that the only reason to veto a trade is if there is collusion or cheating, and that never happens, so all trades go through. So why does your league have a veto system at all then?

We are a PPR league.

Thanks for your help.

I see absolutely nothing about this trade that would warrant a veto. It's one of the fairer deals I have seen posted in here.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Goody » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:27 am

It happens more than you think.

Yes....the only time a trade should be vetoed is if there is collusion. There should be no other means for vetoing a trade. It doesn't matter how lopsided or unfair a trade seems, as long as there is no collusion, the trade should be allowed.

It is up to the commissioner to determine if collusion is present and that is done by questioning both owners motives for a trade.

The veto is in place to protect the league from cheaters....that is it!
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kaveman » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:19 pm

UPDATE

There's been a lot of back on forth on the league board. It's been amusing. The commish has continued to demonstrate what an idiot he really is.

Here are the CLIFFS

-Another owner calls commish stupid for his tier rankings
-Commish replies with profane insults for the other owner
-Other owner says trades should be allowed
-Another owner who backed the commish by saying I was trying to trade my bench players for 1st and 2nd round picks says to move on
-Commish apologizes for language
-I post link to this thread
-Commish explains that "tier 1" means studs and "tier 2" means duds and says he's looking out for his own interests by vetoing and says I misrepresented the situation in the thread
-I tell him to set the record straight in the thread and that a commissioner has to also consider the best interests of the league
-Commish continues to say he did nothing wrong and to quit my bitchin' and moaning
-I explain that he doesn't have a clue about player value, insults other leaguemates, and should be reasonable and listen to the comments on the thread
-Other owner who supported commish says he would veto the trade again
-I post stats to show the other owner that the trade is not lopsided

Commish then responds with this last night which is quite classy (expletives deleted)

Please point out where I lied to you and the significance of it. You are nitpicking and bull********* and none of it matters for ****.

Let me put it in simple terms for you:

Your trade got vetoed
You can't do **** about it
You won't do **** about it
Both of us have told you we would veto again.
I will email the whole league again and again if I have to.

All your bitching and moaning has got you what? Some sympathy from your outside forum? You got **** done, nothing has changed, and your trade remains vetoed.

You just don't get it. You're pathetic still bitching and moaning about a trade that got vetoed last week. Get over it. No one gives a **** about you breaking down stats. You keep insisting that we defend ourselves. Why? About what? Please do the league a favor and shut the **** up.
kaveman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Graphics ExpertPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:21 am

Look. The league has league vetoes vote. That makes vetoing a trade the right of any team in the league. The commish did nothing wrong in emailing the league his feelings on a deal. It is no different then any other member doing the same.

It seems to me that you ARE whining and complaining about a dead issue at this point. Rebuild the trade and see if it goes through.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner