commish overstepping? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

commish overstepping?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: commish overstepping?

Postby kaveman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:54 am

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:Look. The league has league vetoes vote. That makes vetoing a trade the right of any team in the league. The commish did nothing wrong in emailing the league his feelings on a deal. It is no different then any other member doing the same.

It seems to me that you ARE whining and complaining about a dead issue at this point. Rebuild the trade and see if it goes through.

The problem really is, as others have stated, the league votes rule. It allow four managers in a league to tell all the other managers who and when they can trade. In this league the commish advocates anonymous vetoing and says there is no reason to have to justify why a trade should be vetoed as it's solely based on one's opinion, and stats, rankings, sportsmanship, team needs, etc. mean nothing. Basically it's every man for himself. If you don't want a trade to go through, for any reason, then veto it. I guess in this case commissioner veto would be worse as my commissioner has continually shown he has no clue about fantasy football and is only looking out for his own interests in this league. Rebuilding the trade would be a waste of time as he has stated he would veto anything he didn't like, and he and the other manager have made clear they think Graham and Stewart are "bench players" and "duds". So anything involving them would probably get vetoed and there would be another email telling the league how the trade is lopsided and I'm trading away my bench players for studs.
All I was asking for was an explanation for why he felt it was lopsided and for why the other manager called Graham and Stewart bench players. He turned it into a big deal with his rants about vetoing for any reason, and looking out for his own self-interest, and his profane personal attacks. It was a simple request and it could have been a quick, respectful discussion. He chose to take the discussion other places, and I responded. I'm not sure how that's whining or complaining.
kaveman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Graphics ExpertPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:23 am

kaveman wrote:UPDATE

There's been a lot of back on forth on the league board. It's been amusing. The commish has continued to demonstrate what an idiot he really is.

Here are the CLIFFS

-Another owner calls commish stupid for his tier rankings
-Commish replies with profane insults for the other owner
-Other owner says trades should be allowed
-Another owner who backed the commish by saying I was trying to trade my bench players for 1st and 2nd round picks says to move on
-Commish apologizes for language
-I post link to this thread
-Commish explains that "tier 1" means studs and "tier 2" means duds and says he's looking out for his own interests by vetoing and says I misrepresented the situation in the thread
-I tell him to set the record straight in the thread and that a commissioner has to also consider the best interests of the league
-Commish continues to say he did nothing wrong and to quit my bitchin' and moaning
-I explain that he doesn't have a clue about player value, insults other leaguemates, and should be reasonable and listen to the comments on the thread
-Other owner who supported commish says he would veto the trade again
-I post stats to show the other owner that the trade is not lopsided

Commish then responds with this last night which is quite classy (expletives deleted)

Please point out where I lied to you and the significance of it. You are nitpicking and bull********* and none of it matters for ****.

Let me put it in simple terms for you:

Your trade got vetoed
You can't do **** about it
You won't do **** about it
Both of us have told you we would veto again.
I will email the whole league again and again if I have to.

All your bitching and moaning has got you what? Some sympathy from your outside forum? You got **** done, nothing has changed, and your trade remains vetoed.

You just don't get it. You're pathetic still bitching and moaning about a trade that got vetoed last week. Get over it. No one gives a **** about you breaking down stats. You keep insisting that we defend ourselves. Why? About what? Please do the league a favor and shut the **** up.

WOW! 8-o

I really can't believe how clueless/disrespectful your "commish" is. Definitely not someone that should be a commish. I'd try my best to kick everyone's butt this year & then not come back next year. This game is supposed to be fun. That's ridiculous. :-/ :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:22 am

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:Look. The league has league vetoes vote. That makes vetoing a trade the right of any team in the league. The commish did nothing wrong in emailing the league his feelings on a deal. It is no different then any other member doing the same.

It seems to me that you ARE whining and complaining about a dead issue at this point. Rebuild the trade and see if it goes through.

1) Vetoing is not a right, it is not part of the game, it is not part of strategy, it is not there to protect stupid people. A veto is in place whether it be at comish level or for the entire league to defend against cheating.

2) A commish can post his feelings on a trade in a sensible manner but no commish or really any other league member can solicit votes to veto. That is COLLUSION.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bungle613 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:32 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:

There's been a lot of back on forth on the league board. It's been amusing. The commish has continued to demonstrate what an idiot he really is.

Here are the CLIFFS

-Another owner who backed the commish by saying I was trying to trade my bench players for 1st and 2nd round picks says to move on
-Commish explains that "tier 1" means studs and "tier 2" means duds and says he's looking out for his own interests by vetoing and says I misrepresented the situation in the thread
-I tell him to set the record straight in the thread and that a commissioner has to also consider the best interests of the league
-Commish continues to say he did nothing wrong and to quit my bitchin' and moaning
-I explain that he doesn't have a clue about player value, insults other leaguemates, and should be reasonable and listen to the comments on the thread

Commish then responds with this last night which is quite classy (expletives deleted)

Please point out where I lied to you and the significance of it. You are nitpicking and bull********* and none of it matters for ****.

Your trade got vetoed

All your bitching and moaning has got you what? Some sympathy from your outside forum? You got **** done, nothing has changed, and your trade remains vetoed.

You just don't get it. You're pathetic still bitching and moaning about a trade that got vetoed last week. Get over it. No one gives a **** about you breaking down stats. You keep insisting that we defend ourselves. Why? About what? Please do the league a favor and shut the **** up.

WOW! 8-o

I really can't believe how clueless/disrespectful your "commish" is. Definitely not someone that should be a commish. I'd try my best to kick everyone's butt this year & then not come back next year. This game is supposed to be fun. That's ridiculous. :-/ :-t

Kave,

Not even sure what to say at this point. The guy is a loon. He is posting these responses in a public forum? If he isn't post them up and see what the rest of the league says.

I have played in, on average, 5-8 leagues a year for 10 years. Never seen somethig like this. In the 50+ leagues I have played in I have quit one "during" the season. That was also because of an inept commish but my guy compared to yours, not even close.

Options,

1) man up and play out the season dealing with the other more normal owners in the league. You would likely have to forget trading cause you are targetted.

2) man up and finish the season but simply put in your roster changes each week, and forget everything else and just walk away at season end.

3) Tell the league that since the commish is insane that you are done. That you have no interest in playing in a league with a maniacal dictator who believes only his rankings and opinions are correct.

4) Post a comment directed at the commish... F**K OFF A**HOLE and disappear.

All comes down to how you feel about the other owners.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Script-Ohio » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:23 am

Your commish should not be a commish, and I wouldn't join any league he commished from here on out. He and players like Bobbleheadrusty can have fun vetoing each other all day in their pathetic leagues.
Script-Ohio
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Goody » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:23 am

Wow.....I hope you are not the commissioner of any league and I hope I am never in a league with people like you. You obviously have no clue what the veto is used for. The veto is only used to protect the league from collusion, not to make sure every trade is as even as can be.

Here are the CLIFFS

Your trade got vetoed

I don't know what to say Kave, but your commissioner is the most clueless and disrespectful person leading a league that I have heard of in a long time. If I were you, I would veto every trade that is proposed and do your best to kick butt throughout the year. I would definitely quit this league and not play with these idiot, naive, unknowledgable people in the future. That is just ridiculous. I can't believe his response and reasoning for vetoing this trade. Good luck!
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Hey clowns. I never said I would have vetoed the deal. Ive only once in my memory voted for veto, and that was a horrible deal.

In my league we use peer pressure when a crappy deal goes through. Enough mocking of the two owners and the trade tends to get evened out.

I said that the commish did nothing that any other league owner couldnt do, so therefor he didnt overstep anything. And pursuing it a week later is pointless.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Angry_Amish » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:24 pm

bungle613 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Options,

1) man up and play out the season dealing with the other more normal owners in the league. You would likely have to forget trading cause you are targetted.

2) man up and finish the season but simply put in your roster changes each week, and forget everything else and just walk away at season end.

3) Tell the league that since the commish is insane that you are done. That you have no interest in playing in a league with a maniacal dictator who believes only his rankings and opinions are correct.

4) Post a comment directed at the commish... F**K OFF A**HOLE and disappear.

All comes down to how you feel about the other owners.

NICE!

#2 if it is a pay league
#3 if it is a free league

There are so many good leagues out there bro, just make sure that the commish is over 12 y/o and get on with it!

Good luck.
Angry_Amish
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby spodog » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:13 pm

The commish is out of bounds
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kaveman » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:03 pm

Last week this commish decided he wanted to change the number of playoff teams from 4 to 6, so he had a league vote. 7 people voted for expanding the playoffs, so they were expanded. I always thought changing the rules in the middle of the game was a big no-no. I'm done caring at this point though.
kaveman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Graphics ExpertPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner