commish overstepping? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

commish overstepping?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: commish overstepping?

Postby Angry_Amish » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:00 pm

kaveman wrote:Last week this commish decided he wanted to change the number of playoff teams from 4 to 6, so he had a league vote.

LOL.... Amateur league - stay away!!! I call shenanigans, of course the guys not near the top are going to vote for it ... you can't change stuff like that almost mid-season?!?

Is this pay or free anyway and how old is the commish?!?

That could take the top teams out of the $$, is he extending the playoff games and giving first and second a bye?

...I can't respond to this sillyness any more ... oye!
Angry_Amish
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheMaizeAndBlue » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:15 pm

The point of a veto is to protect from collusion, such as team A being out of the playoff hunt and dumping all his best players to team B. It is NOT to protect "dumb" owners. If I had traded T.O. for Greg Jennings before the season on a gut feeling, it would have been considered stupid, yes, but if I could provide a legit reason for it, such as, I hate the Cowboys, always been a fan of Aaron Rodgers, etc. it's not vetoable. Veto is for collusion, and only collusion. That is why I disagree with voting against deals because they're "lopsided" based on personal rankings. Veto is not a question of whether or not you personally would do the deal, it's whether or not you believe there is collusion. And since the commissioner clearly states that there is probably NOT collusion, he is over stepping his bounds.
TheMaizeAndBlue
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LS2throwed » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:14 pm

kaveman wrote:Last week this commish decided he wanted to change the number of playoff teams from 4 to 6, so he had a league vote. 7 people voted for expanding the playoffs, so they were expanded. I always thought changing the rules in the middle of the game was a big no-no. I'm done caring at this point though.

You should be done with this league for good, seriously...Luckily I haven't had any big problems like this in years, but having a **** for a commish is an easy way to ruin a league, changing rules, vetoing deals for no reason, I would just pack up and move on next year, if they won't change the commish.

We had a guy almost similiar one year running the league, but he won't have control anymore, there isn't much you can do because you have a commish on a power trip, I'd just salvage what I could left in the season and quit that league without looking back.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Script-Ohio » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:12 pm

I wouldn't even pull this crap if it were my first year in a fantasy league. Seriously, you should not be in this league after this year unless you get a new commish.
Script-Ohio
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:53 pm

kaveman wrote:Last week this commish decided he wanted to change the number of playoff teams from 4 to 6, so he had a league vote. 7 people voted for expanding the playoffs, so they were expanded. I always thought changing the rules in the middle of the game was a big no-no. I'm done caring at this point though.

You are 100% correct about changing rules midseason being a big no-no. Just another reason why you should definitely opt out after the season. And let me guess. The "commish" (and again I use that term VERY loosely) is hovering right around the 5 or 6 seed. I really hope you win the league and then quit. I'd love to hear what this "commish" thinks about this thread too. He so clueless that he probably thinks we're all clueless. Live and learn. Join and/or start your own REAL league next year. Please let us know if you end up winning and also what seed the "commish" was when he all of a sudden decided to expand the # of playoff teams midseason. I'm literally shaking my head because I've never heard of such a clueless, classless commish. Good luck man! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner