Week 4 GC: Arizona @ NY Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 4 GC: Arizona @ NY Jets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 4 GC: Arizona @ NY Jets

Postby u_fig_eater » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Why was Arizona still playing its first stringers with an insurmountable deficit? I feel sorry for Boldin, but these are the kind of decisions that should get coaches fired.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:59 pm

u_fig_eater wrote:Why was Arizona still playing its first stringers with an insurmountable deficit? I feel sorry for Boldin, but these are the kind of decisions that should get coaches fired.

I agree with you more than 100%. I left the game with about 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter to go outside and get the grill started up, so I didn't get to see the hit, but why was Boldin even out there? Down 21 with less than 45 seconds left? Awful coaching decision for the starters to still be in.
I just hope Boldin is alright and nothing serious happened.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:03 pm

u_fig_eater wrote:Why was Arizona still playing its first stringers with an insurmountable deficit? I feel sorry for Boldin, but these are the kind of decisions that should get coaches fired.

What's worse is that after they carted Boldin off (very happy he's not seriously injured), we were saying that they should just knee the ball and end the game. There was 27 seconds left and they were down by 21. Stupid, stupid move if you ask me. 1st play: pass to Fitzgerald. I was waiting for him to get hurt on another meaningless play. :-t

Unbelievable game. Favre is just amazing. The Jets D still sucks but it's getting a little better. For those that want to drop Cotch: want to join one of my $$$ leagues? :-?

:-)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:18 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Unbelievable game. Favre is just amazing. The Jets D still sucks but it's getting a little better. For those that want to drop Cotch: want to join one of my $$$ leagues? :-?

The Jets secondary has got to pick it up. Warner tore us apart today. I'm still baffled on why when Revis took it to the house, we only had two linemen rushing. Warner had legit 6 or 7 seconds to throw that ball.

Last year one of the big problems we had on defense was getting pressure and I thought drafting Gholston would have helped that, but I don't see that great of an improvement. Rhodes and Harris are great blitzers, can we use them? I don't see the Jets defense getting any better unless we start getting some pressure on the quarterback. Our secondary can't keep with receivers for 6 or 7 seconds. You can put me back there fir 6 or 7 seconds and I will find a wide out to throw the ball too. :-°
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby TaDa » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:47 pm

Wow that was a fun game to be at.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:58 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Unbelievable game. Favre is just amazing. The Jets D still sucks but it's getting a little better. For those that want to drop Cotch: want to join one of my $$$ leagues? :-?

The Jets secondary has got to pick it up. Warner tore us apart today. I'm still baffled on why when Revis took it to the house, we only had two linemen rushing. Warner had legit 6 or 7 seconds to throw that ball.

Last year one of the big problems we had on defense was getting pressure and I thought drafting Gholston would have helped that, but I don't see that great of an improvement. Rhodes and Harris are great blitzers, can we use them? I don't see the Jets defense getting any better unless we start getting some pressure on the quarterback. Our secondary can't keep with receivers for 6 or 7 seconds. You can put me back there fir 6 or 7 seconds and I will find a wide out to throw the ball too. :-°

Agreed. Look how the GMen won the SB last year. Pressure on the QB was a major factor. If Favre stays healthy the O will be fine and only get better as Favre gets more familiar with everyone. I think we saw some of that improvement today. If the Jets don't starting getting some pressure on opposing QB's, I think we're in for a long season. :-o

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:03 pm

TaDa wrote:Wow that was a fun game to be at.

I could imagine. ;-D

The most fun I ever had at a Jets' game was the 41-0 playoff win over Manning & the Colts. We had seats 1st row right behind the Jets' bench. I have pics of Coles & S.Moss sitting on the bench together. Imagine if we still had Moss? 8-o :~(

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:07 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:

What's worse is that after they carted Boldin off (very happy he's not seriously injured), we were saying that they should just knee the ball and end the game. There was 27 seconds left and they were down by 21. Stupid, stupid move if you ask me. 1st play: pass to Fitzgerald. I was waiting for him to get hurt on another meaningless play. :-t

Unbelievable game. Favre is just amazing. The Jets D still sucks but it's getting a little better. For those that want to drop Cotch: want to join one of my $$$ leagues? :-?

Very dumb.

He was immobilized and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in New York for precautionary reasons. “He’s alert,” Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said. “He asked to get up and the doctors wouldn’t let him.”

Hopefully he is only out a short period.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Deathlok2001 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:59 am

What happened to teh Cards winning ways?
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TaDa » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:13 am

They turned over the ball more times than a John in Nevada. That's what happened.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting