Email Drafts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Email Drafts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Email Drafts

Postby terrybob » Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:21 am

Has anyone ever done an email draft...I have several people in one of our leagues who are spread out all across the nation and trying to get everyone togeather in one place to do the draft is impossible. Everytime we try a live draft it always has complaints about someone getting booted and not being able to get thier proper pick put in in time, so I thought a email draft would solve those problems and make everyone happy. I play in several different league but the same problems always happen to this league and its alot of fun but the bickering gets old. So the suggestion came into play to do an email draft similiar to the mock drafts on antsports.com and draft sharks. Put a 12 hour cap on each pick...yes it would take a while but do you think it would work or have any of you ever done it.
If so please give me some feed back on how it went and how to do it. I have a general idea but I am looking for any type of feedback possible.
Thanks,
Terry Bob
GO COLTS! ;-D
terrybob
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

sandbox

Postby cwebb » Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:17 am

Hi Terrybob,

I think having an email draft should work fine, but you have to watch out for weekends and guys being offline. And you'd have to agree on a list which you would use to pick for teams who don't pick themselves in the 12 hour period.

Sandbox featured a slow live draft and it should also do this season. You can prepare your list there, and be online and make your pick. You could then transfer the draft results to the league you want to play in.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dan » Wed Jul 24, 2002 5:39 am

I think it can work great, if anyone has regular access to his email, means: at least once or twice a day...that way it doesnt go too slow!

But the crucial thing is, that you dont have too many guys going on vaccation during draft time, porobably no a single one at best, coz then you have a severe disadvantage!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Email Drafts

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:41 am

ive done 1 email draft in baseball...it sucked. it fell apart 3 weeks into it and we all just got together on a chat and finished it

:-b
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk