Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes : 26

Sell High on Chris Chambers

Postby WeekSixteen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:15 pm

Owners,

Three weeks are in the books and Chris Chambers has 4 TDs. The chargers passing game has been productive but I believe Chambers TDs are the result of a slow LT start, and Gates not being quite 100%. Chambers didn't even get 4 LOOKS in week 3.

Looks:
week 1 6
week 2 9
week 3 less than 4

When LT and Gates get on a roll I believe Chambers will only get spot TDs here and there. He isn't going to get much yardage the rest of the season. However he has pretty good value as of week 3. I was considering moving him for someone like Holt, although I'm sure there are other WRs you could target if you didn't like the risk. I see Chambers as a WR3. I thought with a whole off season to learn the Chargers passing game he would be very productive; he is very talented. However he is down there on the options list in San Diego and his lack of catches given the opportunity these first 3 weeks I don't see much upside for him for the rest of the season.
Last edited by WeekSixteen on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sell High on Chris Chambers

Postby 2ksports » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:29 pm

He is the #2 receiving option in the redzone for a high-octane offense. Despite everything you say about the # of looks he gets, I gaurantee you he will have more than 60ypg AT LEAST for the season. I'd be willing to go 75-80. The yards he is getting is the anomaly here given his career, not TDs. He's always been a good yardage, low TD guy. He's worth more than Holt right now, at best Holt can get into a tie with him.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby shagworth » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:18 pm

2ksports wrote:He is the #2 receiving option in the redzone for a high-octane offense. Despite everything you say about the # of looks he gets, I gaurantee you he will have more than 60ypg AT LEAST for the season. I'd be willing to go 75-80. The yards he is getting is the anomaly here given his career, not TDs. He's always been a good yardage, low TD guy. He's worth more than Holt right now, at best Holt can get into a tie with him.

Exactly, I think Chambers is getting the fantasy numbers he will continue to get. Replace the TD's per game (6 points) he is getting and add 60 more yards per game (6 points), and it should be around the same.
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby raised » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:38 pm

The problem I see is that most everyone doesn't actually think he's very good and won't give you much for him. You are not getting a top 15 wr in return for him, not that I can get anyways.
raised
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dgan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:48 pm

I actually think he'll get better. Not the TDs (he'll probably finish between 8 - 10), but I think his catches and yardage will continue to improve. The one benefit to having LT and Gates banged up is that Rivers is being forced to learn how to work outside receivers. He's never had to, and thus hasn't been that good at it. Gates and LT once healthy will continue to occupy the attention of defenses, leaving Chambers (a big target) with a lot of 1-on-1 opportunities down the field.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby shagworth » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:55 pm

dgan wrote:I actually think he'll get better. Not the TDs (he'll probably finish between 8 - 10), but I think his catches and yardage will continue to improve. The one benefit to having LT and Gates banged up is that Rivers is being forced to learn how to work outside receivers. He's never had to, and thus hasn't been that good at it. Gates and LT once healthy will continue to occupy the attention of defenses, leaving Chambers (a big target) with a lot of 1-on-1 opportunities down the field.

Definately, with SD's weapons it's certainly difficult to double cover people over there...
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:48 pm

raised wrote:The problem I see is that most everyone doesn't actually think he's very good and won't give you much for him. You are not getting a top 15 wr in return for him, not that I can get anyways.

I agree. You are going to need another 3 more weeks with him getting a TD to get anything of value for him and if that happens you won't want to give him up yourself
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:56 am

He does have a very attractive shecule too. Only three tough Ds on it. Buff, Pitts and TB. I would try to trade him if somebody is willing. Not only does he have competition in Gates and LT, but also Vincent Jackson. Should be interesting to see how this all shakes down.
Makes me happy I drafted Rivers B-)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby pangbones » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:29 am

His value is probably at it's peak right now, but he's my 3rd WR!! Why would I want to trade him, unless I'm gonna get a better player in return? I agree with the majority here that he'll see more yards and fewer TD's the rest of the way. He's a solid #2 WR, and a great #3!!
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby u_fig_eater » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:13 pm

I disagree. I'm very high on the Chargers' offense and Phillip Rivers. LT and Gates will be slowed by nagging injuries all year. I think Chambers is for real.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk