Can we say "hypocrite", boys and girls? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can we say "hypocrite", boys and girls?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can we say "hypocrite", boys and girls?

Postby Poobah » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:03 pm

A friend of mine joined his first league this fall with some people from work, and went to me for help. His team rocks better than any I have this year, sorry to say. Anyway, everytime he tries to make a trade, the "in-clique" shall we say tells him he's always asking for too much.

He gets like maybe his 5th trade offer all year, and it's from the president of his company. The guy offers my friend Amos Zereoue, and all he has to give up is Randy Moss.

Can I tell you I almost blew a headgasket when he told me that one?
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Can we say "hypocrite", boys and girls?

Postby DUKE » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:11 pm

Poobah wrote:A friend of mine joined his first league this fall with some people from work, and went to me for help. His team rocks better than any I have this year, sorry to say. Anyway, everytime he tries to make a trade, the "in-clique" shall we say tells him he's always asking for too much.

He gets like maybe his 5th trade offer all year, and it's from the president of his company. The guy offers my friend Amos Zereoue, and all he has to give up is Randy Moss.

Can I tell you I almost blew a headgasket when he told me that one?
please tell me he didn't do that trade 8-o
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:42 pm

Am i missing something, where's the hypocritical statement.
so some guy tries to low ball your buddy, what's the big deal.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:52 pm

I think he was saying that if his friend offered a trade to the president, the president would say "your asking for too much", but then the prez goes and offers him Amos for Randy. That makes him a hypocrite. The prez tells him his trades aren't fair and then offers one that is obviously not fair.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:06 pm

Paladyr wrote:I think he was saying that if his friend offered a trade to the president, the president would say "your asking for too much", but then the prez goes and offers him Amos for Randy. That makes him a hypocrite. The prez tells him his trades aren't fair and then offers one that is obviously not fair.

AHHHHH. Stoopid presidents always trying to keep someone down :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:25 pm

LOL, gotta love the Boss trying to rip you off. NOT :-t
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Nice

Postby blueonion » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:49 pm

I think that is the first rule of trading isn't? Try to get as much as you can for as little as you can?

The BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Nice

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:01 pm

blueonion wrote:I think that is the first rule of trading isn't? Try to get as much as you can for as little as you can?

The BlueOnion

There's two types of ways to lowball somebody. One is to offer a couple of decent productive guys who don't add up to the guy you want, but it still might be tempting.

Fred Taylor & Terry Glenn for Randy Moss

That's at least worth considering and it features two starting players.

Zereoue for Moss is just ridiculous and insulting. A bench RB on a bad team, who didn't perform when he had the starting job. I'd never even consider trade offers from that guy again, just for treating me like I was a moron.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Poobah » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:17 pm

No, of course he didn't take the trade, but he didn't flame the guy like I would have based on the fact that the guy was the prez...

Ghidra, you've hit it on the head, I told my pal to just keep his head low and we'll work the wire to build his team. We got Santana Moss 6 weeks ago and Domanick Davis 4 weeks ago, and traded Moe Williams away for Fred Taylor, so I think it's all good. He won't finish worse than 2nd, I should think.... thanks for listening, everyone B-)
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:33 pm

There is a guy in my league who will never make a fair trade. I don't know him, but the people who do in my league told me that he has actually said that he is not going to trade unless he can rip a guy off. That is the kind attitude that ticks me off. If you are going to be like that what is the point in playing?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk