Beanie Wells NFL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Beanie Wells NFL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Beanie Wells NFL

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 pm

dmacblue wrote:1) Does he enter NFL 2009 draft?
2) Will he be a top 10 NFL pick next April
3) Will he be a reasonable success in the NFL

:-?



1) Yes
2) Yes...He will have the 'injury concern' tag to follow him along, but he's a legit top 10 prospect, probably one of the rare backs who can still carry the ball 25-30 times if his offense needed him to.
3) I believe he will, but I also don't see a long career ahead for him...The injury concerns are legit ones, but his talent will still make him worth the gamble...He's a slightly better prospect then Jonathan Stewart was and I think his production gives him the edge.


Off topic but I've give some looks to Charles Scott, he looks like the type of late 1st, early 2nd type NFL back that comes in and steals the job of whoever drafts him, he's a beast.
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: Beanie Wells NFL

Postby dmacblue » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:29 pm

Metroid wrote:I could see Cleveland or Cincy being within reach of Beanie...either could snatch him up. :-?



Firstly, thanks to you for your very intersting thoughts on this. Great read so far, even at this embryonic stage.

As a Bengal fan, my next line of thought was going to be could (should!, and would!!) the Bengals take him if he is there for them at around the 6-10 spot which is where i see the Bengals being?

i see STL, OAK, KC, MIA, DET nailed on to be worse than Bengals, after that we are in the mix for a top 10 pick sadly.

Id love him, but probably a skill position is not a priority for us, you never know and you can rest assured that Mike Brown is such a cheaparse that he's certainly not going to trade up for anyone :-P

Oh well maybe we get picks from Housh and Ocho :-?

defense continous to be a work in prgross, with Zimmer retaining my confidence. the O-Line has evaporated from being a strength in recent years.
Image

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2611
Joined: 4 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Re: Beanie Wells NFL

Postby treat24 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:10 am

LS2throwed wrote:
dmacblue wrote:1) Does he enter NFL 2009 draft?
2) Will he be a top 10 NFL pick next April
3) Will he be a reasonable success in the NFL

:-?



1) Yes
2) Yes...He will have the 'injury concern' tag to follow him along, but he's a legit top 10 prospect, probably one of the rare backs who can still carry the ball 25-30 times if his offense needed him to.
3) I believe he will, but I also don't see a long career ahead for him...The injury concerns are legit ones, but his talent will still make him worth the gamble...He's a slightly better prospect then Jonathan Stewart was and I think his production gives him the edge.


Off topic but I've give some looks to Charles Scott, he looks like the type of late 1st, early 2nd type NFL back that comes in and steals the job of whoever drafts him, he's a beast.


Scott has looked good.

On Jstew vs Beanie... I thought JStew was by far the best back in this draft class and that's why I went out to get him in most of my leagues. I have him and Chris johnson in almost every league (unless dee stole CJ4.24) ... I don't see Beanie in JStews group.

I completely agree that Beanie is one of those backs that can carry the load. Think I put that in my first post.

Good stuff
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Beanie Wells NFL

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:26 am

I don't think we can say he will be a top 10 back right now because

1) we don't know who will hold what picks and

2) we don't know who will be in the draft.

right now the mocks I have seen have him going 8 to Cincy
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Beanie Wells NFL

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:41 am

treat24 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:
dmacblue wrote:1) Does he enter NFL 2009 draft?
2) Will he be a top 10 NFL pick next April
3) Will he be a reasonable success in the NFL

:-?



1) Yes
2) Yes...He will have the 'injury concern' tag to follow him along, but he's a legit top 10 prospect, probably one of the rare backs who can still carry the ball 25-30 times if his offense needed him to.
3) I believe he will, but I also don't see a long career ahead for him...The injury concerns are legit ones, but his talent will still make him worth the gamble...He's a slightly better prospect then Jonathan Stewart was and I think his production gives him the edge.


Off topic but I've give some looks to Charles Scott, he looks like the type of late 1st, early 2nd type NFL back that comes in and steals the job of whoever drafts him, he's a beast.


Scott has looked good.

On Jstew vs Beanie... I thought JStew was by far the best back in this draft class and that's why I went out to get him in most of my leagues. I have him and Chris johnson in almost every league (unless dee stole CJ4.24) ... I don't see Beanie in JStews group.

I completely agree that Beanie is one of those backs that can carry the load. Think I put that in my first post.

Good stuff


Beanie and J-Stew will be close I think, personally I like Stewart more as you did, but I think Beanie's pedigree and production can make him slide into the top 10, again its just so early, and its really a guess because 1st rd picks turn into not being drafted(Adarius Bowman)
because we need to see these guys workout first...Stewart is just a physical freak, so I doubt Beanie times out better in many things, but he has a great size/speed ratio and teams in need of a RB will be looking for the one guy to turn that around.


I also have been looking out for Knowshon, who looks like a carbon copy of carnell williams...Right now he's the superior prospect right now to me.
Image
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Re: Beanie Wells NFL

Postby treat24 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:49 am

LS2throwed wrote:I also have been looking out for Knowshon, who looks like a carbon copy of carnell williams...Right now he's the superior prospect right now to me.


I feel the same way. Moreno went in the end of the 3rd round of my league with a college farm system. We have a big club with NFL players and a farm system. When college guys move to the pros, they move into our big club. Oh well, I got McCoy in the 4th round that year :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Beanie Wells NFL

Postby dmacblue » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:07 am

TREAT: thanks for the PM on this subject Bud, very interesting ;-D

I just dunno guys, if we are at #8 (which is about where I, and Dee, feel Bengals will be) would we take him over a DL for example? If perry manages to stay helathy, I think we'll look O-Line or defense.

One or both of Housh and Ocho will be gone.

Anyhow, not to get off track too much...... perhaps Knowshon makes it to #8 giving a RB decision for someone to make. (Id take Knowshon too)
Image

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2611
Joined: 4 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Re: Beanie Wells NFL

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:12 am

dmacblue wrote:TREAT: thanks for the PM on this subject Bud, very interesting ;-D

I just dunno guys, if we are at #8 (which is about where I, and Dee, feel Bengals will be) would we take him over a DL for example? If perry manages to stay helathy, I think we'll look O-Line or defense.

One or both of Housh and Ocho will be gone.

Anyhow, not to get off track too much...... perhaps Knowshon makes it to #8 giving a RB decision for someone to make. (Id take Knowshon too)


From what I have seen the mocks have Beanie going 8 and then Moreno going 9
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: Beanie Wells NFL

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:51 am

Beanie may stay at OSU. Leaving early means he will have to take a pay cut.*

Beanie will have to put together a great season this year, which means he will have to keep from getting nicked up the rest of the way. Seeing how *cough* great the Bucknuts did vs USC it could be that they are not quite as good a team as recent years. Add Prior to the mix and Beanie could lose some plays to the uber-talented QB.
I like me some Knoshon more than Beanie at this point, but it is hard to nail down until we see how well Beanie recovers from his ankle/foot thingie.


*Obiligatory Buckeye Bashing.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 0:24 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact