Vetoable trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Vetoable trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vetoable trade?

Postby Whisper » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:20 am

Hey all. So the current leader in our 10-team league (Team A, 3-0) apparently proposed this trade to the 9th-place team (Team B, 1-2), who looks to have already accepted it.

Some of the other owners (including the league commish) feel that it's lopsided, so I'm just debating my particular vote.

Team A gets: Joseph Addai and Mushin Muhammed
Team B gets: DeSean Jackson and Julius Jones

Basically, I know that Team A is REALLY capitalizing on Jones and Jackson being hot right now. I just don't know if it's quite one-sided enough to actually veto. My guess is Team B is either panicking because of his poor early-season performance, or he just doesn't care much anymore.

Thoughts?
(0.5 PPR, 12-team league)
QB: Vick, RG3
RB: McFadden, Matthews, K. Smith, R. Williams, M. Goodson
WR: Nicks, S. Smith, Britt, LaFell
TE: Hernandez, Pitta
K: Bironas
DEF: Spot start (Cin in wk4)
Whisper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vetoable trade?

Postby The Lung » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:36 am

Unless there's evidence of collusion, I allow nearly every trade (no matter how unbalanced it may seem to you or others) to proceed.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:40 am

The Lung wrote:Unless there's evidence of collusion, I allow nearly every trade (no matter how unbalanced it may seem to you or others) to proceed.

I agree with Lung. Unless you suspect collusion/cheating between the 2 owners, you must allow the trade to go through...no matter how lopsided it might look on paper. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Whisper » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:44 am

Yeah, that's always been my approach as well, hence my hesitation to vote up to this point.

Thanks for the opinions.
Whisper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby raised » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:35 am

Yeah it`s not a good trade. But, I`ve been on the other side of that. Like I had too many wr and they vetoed a trade when I traded one of them below value. Hey I`m trying to win, not make even trades. Guys on the bench don`t help me. Just saying that trades really shouldn`t be blocked if you`re sure there is no collusion. I guess the only down-side to that is that if you suspect collusion it`ll be harder to block.
raised
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:48 pm

Keeper league, really bad deal. Redraft, just a bad deal but honestly, Jones and Jackson have put up more points. Let it go.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Whisper » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:20 pm

Yeah, I think the main issue from the other managers' perspectives was that Team A is already fairly stacked (B. Marshall, T. Holt, R. Wayne, V. Jackson, M. Lynch), so by grabbing Addai, he esentially has two first-round (or late second-round) RB's, along with the inhuman Marshall.

Trade went through, though, so I'm sure Team A's owner is quite happy. Conversely, Team B will be kicking himself soon enough.
Whisper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Whisper wrote:Yeah, I think the main issue from the other managers' perspectives was that Team A is already fairly stacked (B. Marshall, T. Holt, R. Wayne, V. Jackson, M. Lynch), so by grabbing Addai, he esentially has two first-round (or late second-round) RB's, along with the inhuman Marshall.

Trade went through, though, so I'm sure Team A's owner is quite happy. Conversely, Team B will be kicking himself soon enough.

Yeah it's good that you didn't veto it. The argument that a trade makes one team too stacked is not a good one...every other team had a chance to draft a "stacked" team or make trades themselves. Some argue that it affects "league integrity", but if that is the case then everyone should have a .500 record and everyone gets a little plastic trophy at the end of the season as if they were playing little league.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner