Commish is playing me, and cheating! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commish is playing me, and cheating!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commish is playing me, and cheating!

Postby Tusin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:49 pm

This one if a little touchy. This is a pay in addition to it being our office league. It is the 4th year of the league. It is a small office and a 10-man league. We each pay over $100 for dues, so a fair ammount of money. ESPN league BTW.

I have suspected for a long time that our commish has been cheating. And have been watching him pretty close this year. Today is the first time we play against each other. So I take a screen shot right after the morning games start. Shows he has MJD and Crosby starting (and others of course). And we are actually chatting the entire morning online. Anyways he starts talking about how he has Lance Moore on his bench (looking at his bench, and he doesn't, so I take a screenshot, refresh, and there he is). Then after the game, he starts talking about how he is glad he benched MJD and started J. Stewart, again take a screen shot, hit refresh and there is MJD on the bench and Stewart starting. I also notice that Crosby is GONE from his team and Lindell is starting. I have more then enough screen shots to prove all of this. And have emailed ESPN about it.

But I guess, what should I do? We work in a small office, and good chemistry between everyone is VERY important. So I know I can't just go in there and call him out. Part of me thinks I should just go talk to him with the screen shots. But I have no idea if that will stop him. Another part of me, thinks I should go to the either the Boss, or another employee. NOT to "tattle", but to talk about what we should do. Because it affects all of us.

I think my suggestions might be, league is over everyone gets their money back. Or he quits the league and have someone else run it (which would probably be me, because I am the most active behind him). Or he all of his games that he has played, turn into losses. And either he gives up the commish position, or he appoints a assistant commish.

I would lean towards the later. Just because other then the cheating, he is a great commish. Does game previews, recaps, huge draft day, great end of season party etc....

I think that I am so mad at, or maybe confused about. Is that on Sunday's, this is what I do. I watch Football, and sit on the comp and watch ESPN scoring. And he is doing all of this RIGHT in front of me....
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Commish is playing me, and cheating!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:38 pm

Tusin wrote:This one if a little touchy. This is a pay in addition to it being our office league. It is the 4th year of the league. It is a small office and a 10-man league. We each pay over $100 for dues, so a fair ammount of money. ESPN league BTW.

I have suspected for a long time that our commish has been cheating. And have been watching him pretty close this year. Today is the first time we play against each other. So I take a screen shot right after the morning games start. Shows he has MJD and Crosby starting (and others of course). And we are actually chatting the entire morning online. Anyways he starts talking about how he has Lance Moore on his bench (looking at his bench, and he doesn't, so I take a screenshot, refresh, and there he is). Then after the game, he starts talking about how he is glad he benched MJD and started J. Stewart, again take a screen shot, hit refresh and there is MJD on the bench and Stewart starting. I also notice that Crosby is GONE from his team and Lindell is starting. I have more then enough screen shots to prove all of this. And have emailed ESPN about it.

But I guess, what should I do? We work in a small office, and good chemistry between everyone is VERY important. So I know I can't just go in there and call him out. Part of me thinks I should just go talk to him with the screen shots. But I have no idea if that will stop him. Another part of me, thinks I should go to the either the Boss, or another employee. NOT to "tattle", but to talk about what we should do. Because it affects all of us.

I think my suggestions might be, league is over everyone gets their money back. Or he quits the league and have someone else run it (which would probably be me, because I am the most active behind him). Or he all of his games that he has played, turn into losses. And either he gives up the commish position, or he appoints a assistant commish.

I would lean towards the later. Just because other then the cheating, he is a great commish. Does game previews, recaps, huge draft day, great end of season party etc....

I think that I am so mad at, or maybe confused about. Is that on Sunday's, this is what I do. I watch Football, and sit on the comp and watch ESPN scoring. And he is doing all of this RIGHT in front of me....

Man that sucks. :,-( :-/

I know it will be hard but I think you have to call him out. You KNOW he's cheating. I think the rest of the league deserves to know as well. As far as what to do? I'd let the league decide what to do, but having the guy remain as a co-commish wouldn't be an option for me. I'd probably want him out of the league because he obviously can't be trusted. I should be immuned, but it still amazes me how many people cheat and the different ways they find to do it. :-t

Good luck with this one man. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Tusin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:20 pm

yeah that is the thing, other then the cheating he is a awesome commish. As in brings a very fun aspect to the league (with all the extra stuff he does, you should see his office, he has scoreboards in there and standings on white boards etc....). What even sucks worse, that I forgot about before, is that his dad just died this past week. Not that this is a excuse, but I don't want him to feel like the office is "mad" at him, if you get what I mean?

I was hoping I would win this week, regardless of his cheating, but it is not looking like it. So, now it could be seen as me being a "sore loser".

I think my plan is to go to someone else in our office and talk to him about it. And maybe him and I can talk to the commish about it and come to a resolution. I don't want to kick him out of the league, but I don't think it is unfair to take his commish powers away and make him 0-4 (He will be 3-1 if he wins tonight).
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Tusin wrote:yeah that is the thing, other then the cheating he is a awesome commish. As in brings a very fun aspect to the league (with all the extra stuff he does, you should see his office, he has scoreboards in there and standings on white boards etc....). What even sucks worse, that I forgot about before, is that his dad just died this past week. Not that this is a excuse, but I don't want him to feel like the office is "mad" at him, if you get what I mean?

I was hoping I would win this week, regardless of his cheating, but it is not looking like it. So, now it could be seen as me being a "sore loser".

I think my plan is to go to someone else in our office and talk to him about it. And maybe him and I can talk to the commish about it and come to a resolution. I don't want to kick him out of the league, but I don't think it is unfair to take his commish powers away and make him 0-4 (He will be 3-1 if he wins tonight).

Considering the circumstances, that sounds like a good idea. I'd talk to all the other owners though. Let us know what happens. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby mattiemo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:19 pm

in my oppinion he is trying to steal your $100 (and fun) i would let everyone know and call him out. thats bs. (father's death is irrelevent, unless you think he might off him self or something)
mattiemo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Tusin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:23 am

No, don't think he will off himself. But man has he been acting very on edge as of the last 2 months or so (girlfriend left him to boot).

Eh, we will see what happens, and I will update yall!
Tusin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby raised » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:26 am

Con artists are 99.99% real fun people who try to make you feel great so they can rip you off and use you. I learned that from dealing with my girlfriends ex who was a professional. The real nasty ones also like to display things like charity organizations they give to or whatever else to make you feel guilty. Number 1, watch your ass at work. This guy will screw you over any chance he gets. Make you look like an idiot to your boss, infer things to you people, etc and all the time smile, laugh and be the life of the party.

Now what you do is really dependent on your office situation. Is it a really important job, is he the boss, etc. I don`t know, people like this usually get ugly. In a perfect world I`d hope somebody else, like your boss, would notice this. I might mention to him before he played him next time that you swore his lineup changed during the game but you knew that wasn`t possible. If you don`t care about your job or you`re the boss, roast him. Otherwise it`s up to you but I`d still probably bring a printout of each to work and ask him what`s going on. Make sure it`s in front of others though so he doesn`t have time to make up lies about it.

I`m hesistant to give firm advice but one thing I found about people like this is that as long as you put up with it they work you over.
raised
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:45 pm

1) If you like the guy and feel he deserves a break you confront him in person with eveidence that he is cheating. You tell him if it happens again that you will be forced to inform all league members and remove him from the league and refund monies to the otehr owners. His money will be used to pay for the league site.

2) If you don't respect the guy and feel this is being doen to imsply steal the pot then forget teh first sentence above and skip to part 2.

Pretty low to do this.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Script-Ohio » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:50 pm

I'd probably go to the guy and request my $100 back. I'd also let him know that if anyone asks why there's less money in the pot, you're going to be honest about it. That does however give the commish the chance to handle the situation as he sees fit in terms of letting people know what's going on so it's not like you are just railroading him, even though he deserves it. But no way in hell would I want $100 of my money in a pot where the commish has cheated even 1 game.
Script-Ohio
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby spodog » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Tusin wrote:And have emailed ESPN about it.

Dude, this problem blows, but what is it you expect ESPN to do about it? O:-)
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner