Week 10 wager... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 10 wager...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:30 pm

that is stupid. Especially if there is cash on the line here.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby altproject » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:35 pm

well, good thing you switched it from gonzo to ricky. but i have to say, this must be a boring-ass league to have to spice it up this way. you should just light your ass on fire instead.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:35 pm

Take Moss over Edge. RBs who miss half their games through injury are a dime a dozen.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby foreverabearsfan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:09 pm

MistisoMan wrote:Gonzo is the best TE there is and there are only 2 others (Sharpe and Shockey) even in his class. After those three there really aren't any others that can produce weekly.

no todd heap? where's the love?
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MistisoMan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:53 pm

foreverabearsfan wrote:
MistisoMan wrote:Gonzo is the best TE there is and there are only 2 others (Sharpe and Shockey) even in his class. After those three there really aren't any others that can produce weekly.
no todd heap? where's the love?
I don't hate him or anything. But he may just be a one year wonder, no one knows. This is his first consistently profuctive year, while Gonzo, Sharpe, and Shockey have had productive seasons before. No diss intended but those 3 have stood the test of time. Heap is still in the air.
MistisoMan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:36 am

How does Holt have a crappy schedule in the 2nd half? Unless you consider playing bad teams a bad schedule, I don't get it.

I can see the argument if the Rams play a bunch of crappy teams, maybe they don't throw so much once they are ahead - that argument doesn't really work for me, since it's the Rams and they won't stop throwing until they score about 50 points.

FWIW, I wouldn't do this since you stand to lose a MUCH better player in Holt (or Ricky) versus Edge or Santana Moss.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:43 am

You realize his team is gonna beat yours right?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MistisoMan » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:25 pm

Rams have the 15th best schedule for QBs and 5th worst for WRs. He does have a bad schedule. http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/ffl/easeofschedule?sort=nEOSAVGRank&position=2

I don't mind losing, either it is all in fun. Oh, and he just traded Harrison for Deuce, so I'm feeling a lot better as he doesn't have Harrison to play this weekend and Deuce comes into his team on a bye.
MistisoMan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LBJackal » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:25 pm

MistisoMan wrote:I don't hate [Heap] or anything. But he may just be a one year wonder, no one knows. This is his first consistently profuctive year, while Gonzo, Sharpe, and Shockey have had productive seasons before. No diss intended but those 3 have stood the test of time. Heap is still in the air.

Shockey has stood the test of time? He has 4 career touchdowns. Todd Heap has 9 career touchdowns. I'm not saying I'd take Heap over Shockey, I'm saying I would take Shockey, but not because he's "stood the test of time". And also you lose big if your team loses. I think the risk for you is too big. Since all you get is Edge, and he gets either Ricky or Holt (I forget which one you protected instead of Gonzo) you're getting screwed.

But like I said, I like the concept of a league that does this type of thing. I'm just not sure about doing it if the coaches didn't know before they joined the league that this would be going on, since the winner of your matchup clearly has a better chance (and an unfair one at that) of beating the players who were not involved in that shenanigans.
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk