Week 6 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 6 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 6 Games Talk

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:00 am

Sandrock wrote:The fans at Autzen are no better than the fans at Reser. There are bad fans at both stadiums and bad things happen at Reser on occasion but I know you're not naive enough to think that Autzen is any better Met.

Please....you're not serious? I mean no knock on you as a fan or on your team but Reser and the Beavers are like the Raiders and the Coliseum of the Pac-10. There are bad fans everywhere, I've been to quite a few venues but I have never in my life experienced worse fans than at Reser. I'm sorry that just how it is.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sandrock » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:44 am

Metroid wrote:
Sandrock wrote:The fans at Autzen are no better than the fans at Reser. There are bad fans at both stadiums and bad things happen at Reser on occasion but I know you're not naive enough to think that Autzen is any better Met.

Please....you're not serious? I mean no knock on you as a fan or on your team but Reser and the Beavers are like the Raiders and the Coliseum of the Pac-10. There are bad fans everywhere, I've been to quite a few venues but I have never in my life experienced worse fans than at Reser. I'm sorry that just how it is.

Apparently you've gone delusional about Autzen and Oregon fans. Oregon is considered to have the most obnoxious and downright offensive fans in the Pac-10 every year. Ted Miller makes a note of it every year and he travels to over 20 Pac-10 games a year. Ask a general Pac-10 fan where the worst stadium to travel is and 90% of the time the answer will be Autzen. Take a read at the link below; Ted Miller compares Oregon fans to Florida fans....ouch.

Ted Miller Compares Oregon fans to Florida Fans

I'm sure I've had as many poor experiences at Autzen as you've had at Reser. To me Oregon fans are just idiots with no shirts in Green body paint. I lost all respect for the fans after my first trip to Autzen when I was 11 years old.

Look Met, I'm not trying to upset you or anything, I'm just awfully confused where your extreme blindness for the quality of Oregon fans comes from. I'm not claiming that Reser fans are any better by any means, I'm more just absolutely shocked that you have no idea about the awful reputation Oregon has had for many years now.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:12 am

Sandrock wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Apparently you've gone delusional about Autzen and Oregon fans. Oregon is considered to have the most obnoxious and downright offensive fans in the Pac-10 every year. Ted Miller makes a note of it every year and he travels to over 20 Pac-10 games a year. Ask a general Pac-10 fan where the worst stadium to travel is and 90% of the time the answer will be Autzen. Take a read at the link below; Ted Miller compares Oregon fans to Florida fans....ouch.

I'm sure I've had as many poor experiences at Autzen as you've had at Reser. To me Oregon fans are just idiots with no shirts in Green body paint. I lost all respect for the fans after my first trip to Autzen when I was 11 years old.

Look Met, I'm not trying to upset you or anything, I'm just awfully confused where your extreme blindness for the quality of Oregon fans comes from. I'm not claiming that Reser fans are any better by any means, I'm more just absolutely shocked that you have no idea about the awful reputation Oregon has had for many years now.

Being a lifelong Coug fan who has seen games in almost every Pac-10 arena, I would have to say that Autzen EASILY houses the conference's (if not the country's) most obnoxious fans. Oregon State cannot even hold a candle to Oregon in that department IMO - I would put them WAY down my personal list. And, they have THE most annoying fans who cause trouble and stir the pot to inappropriate levels than ANY other traveling team I experienced in 5 years in Pullman - that fact is as repeatable as gravity it seems. Anyone defending Oregon on this one either hasn't been to a game or is a shameless homer IMO.

Just my 2 cents on this crazy talk...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:54 am

Sandrock wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Then I guess Bagel would be more comfortable in Autzen ;-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:06 am

OK look guys I really never tried to paint Oregon fans to be better than anybody else, being a fan of a Pac-10 foe of course you're going to find the opposing teams fans obnoxious or offensive. I can only speak from my personal experiences just like we all do, and I have never had anything close to a good experience at Reeser, I can't change that fact. I'm sorry if you guys have had equally bad experiences at Autzen.
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:43 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Then I guess Bagel would be more comfortable in Autzen ;-)

LOL! :-b
Metroid

Postby Mugrila » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:38 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
Being a lifelong Coug fan who has seen games in almost every Pac-10 arena, I would have to say that Autzen EASILY houses the conference's (if not the country's) most obnoxious fans. Oregon State cannot even hold a candle to Oregon in that department IMO - I would put them WAY down my personal list. And, they have THE most annoying fans who cause trouble and stir the pot to inappropriate levels than ANY other traveling team I experienced in 5 years in Pullman - that fact is as repeatable as gravity it seems. Anyone defending Oregon on this one either hasn't been to a game or is a shameless homer IMO.

Just my 2 cents on this crazy talk...

Something Huskies and Cougs agree on. :-b
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to College Football