Commish on a Power Trip

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commish on a Power Trip

Postby totalair32 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:48 pm

So here's the deal:

10 Team IDP League (Keep 3)

Team A (Commish) Gets - Steve Smith, Kellen Winslow, & Carson Palmer

Team B Gets - Donald Driver, Aaron Rodgers, Terrence McGee, & Zach Thomas

Minutes after accepting the deal, Team B realizes that his roster is now composed of 4 packers, including Greg Jennings and Ryan Grant. He then immediately posts to the commissioner, his trading parter, that he changed his mind, and wants the deal re-worked to include another WR other than Driver.

This is where things get out of control. The commish then agrees to rework the deal and include Lee Evans instead of Driver, big mistake on just putting the original deal through, IMO. He gives the owner 2 - 3 days to respond.

Apparently the owner rejects the new deal put in place. Immediately following, the commish locks all rosters, forces the original trade though, places Smith, Winslow, and Palmer, on his roster and Driver et all on the other team. And before he unlocks the rosters, he decides to pick up Le'Ron Mclain with his new empty roster spot, which would've had to wait until the trade has been regularly processed. Finally our rosters are unlocked.

I then log in and see that all this is happening and can't believe this. I feel like he completely abused his power and overreacted when his deal was rejected. He still had another 2 days to try and talk to the owner and work out something. Not to mention, as soon as that original deal was taken off the table, it should never have been brought back into play. If any deal was to be pushed through, it should have had been the deal with Lee Evans. I feel that no deal should be allowed. Also, as a result of this, Team B's owner is no longer involved in the league, and our commissioner now has control over his roster and will field a "competitive" team. And those players that went over to team B, only 2 are starting on his active roster.

I'm very curious to see some opinions on this? Please help me out.
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Commish on a Power Trip

Postby padrino990_200 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:52 pm

i totally agree with him putting the trade through. once it was accepted it should have gone through, he was just being a nice guy in redoing the deal. the original trade has been accepted and the other owner should have realized about owning 4 packers before he accepted. there can be no take-backs.

he should have to rop mclain though, he cant add players when the rosters are locked (i dont get why he locked them in the first place)

in the end the original trade should go through, mclain should be a free agent and the commish should have an open spot on his bench.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bungle613 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:31 pm

padrino990_200 wrote:i totally agree with him putting the trade through. once it was accepted it should have gone through, he was just being a nice guy in redoing the deal. the original trade has been accepted and the other owner should have realized about owning 4 packers before he accepted. there can be no take-backs.

he should have to rop mclain though, he cant add players when the rosters are locked (i dont get why he locked them in the first place)

in the end the original trade should go through, mclain should be a free agent and the commish should have an open spot on his bench.

I'll disagree with this Pad as once the commish agreed to redo the deal, the first deal would be null and void. If he and the other owner could not work out a deal, oh well, no deal is done.

He should not have pushed through the deal, should not have locked the rosters and should not have picked up McLain. 3 strikes, out!
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby padrino990_200 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:36 pm

what im thinking is that once the deal was done it should have been put through, making the rethink deal like a second deal if you will. basically a trade driver for evans. i guess its a real grey area, but i think that the deal should go through, but this dude does kinda sound like a spaz for freezing rosters.
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:38 pm

I agree with Bungle on this one. The commish could have ignored the plea to undo the original trade, which is a perfectly acceptable response since the other owner should know how his team will be affected after, but the commish decided to undo the trade, and the other actions he took were inappropriate.

Padrino I do agree that the original trade should have remained as it was, but the commish decided to undo it.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby padrino990_200 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:46 pm

yea i see where you are coming from. the commish should have just said tough, then worked on a new deal and made that know. thats what i would have done
padrino990_200
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner