Michael Vick? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Vick?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Vick?

Postby ENDZONECRZY » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:07 pm

What do you think about Vick? Will he put up decent fantasy points when he returns? Will he return this season? Should fantasy owners keep Vick? ;-D :-t
UR 2 Sense!
I'm in a 12 team scoring only league
QB: *Peyton Manning, Trent Green
RB: *Travis Henry, *Rudi Johnson, De' Shaun Foster, William Green
WR: *Derrick Mason, *Justin Mccareins, *Jerry Porter, Koren Robinson
K: Adam Vinateri
ENDZONECRZY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:08 pm

I wouldn't keep Vick if I had him. He might not even play at all this season.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Football Newbie » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:11 pm

well if its a keeper league KEEP HIM!!! I say still keep him if you got the roster space, and if you dont trade him. He is just too much of a value to put on the WW.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:20 pm

I have him in one of my redraft leagues and am keeping him. My other QBs are Brooks/Kitna. If you put a gun to my head and told me to make a prediction, I'd say that he'll come back the 1st week of December, but won't be much of a factor fantasy-wise this year... On the other hand, he at least has a chance to perform like a top-5 QB when he returns. That chance/upside is why I'm holding him (If I had McNair/Bulger/CPepp/Manning though, he'd be gone).

If you asked me a few weeks ago about Pennington, I'd have said something similar, now he's the flavor of the week.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:16 pm

If it isn't a keeper league drop him. I don't see the point in keeping him on your roster since he may not play at all. I know people have been talking that they can't afford to not have him play, but I don't think they can rush him back. I think that is part of why McNabb stinks right now. They rushed him back from his injury. I do know that Quentin Griffin had the same injury and was back in 2 months...

If you are in a deep league though, I am sure there is nobody better that is a FA.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:45 pm

If you have the space, hold onto him simply to evaluate his progress come game time.

If you have guys like Jon Kitna in free agency who are capable of putting up points, I wouldn't risk it.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:25 am

Probably doesn't put up great numbers even if he does come back full strength. They have a rough schedule at the end of the year.

For all his dazzle last year, he had a helluva time putting up 200 yards passing in a game, and there weren't that many passing TD's. I doubt he'll be the runner he was last year. I don't see great things from Vick this year.

I'm keepng him on my team, but I have Bulger so it's not like I'll be needing him. I'm not advocating keeping him, he's not really worth much. I doubt I'll even use him as a tie-breaker even though QB's are the highest scoring position. It'd cost me $5 to make a change at back-up QB, so he stays on my roster.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:33 pm

I think Peerless Price will improve his passing numbers, its hard to put up great passing numbers when your number 1 receiver is brian finneran
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk