Yahoo trade question requiring Commish approval - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo trade question requiring Commish approval

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo trade question requiring Commish approval

Postby Azrael » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:23 am

Does anyone know if a trade in Yahoo that requires Commish approval will post automatically after a certain period of time? Or will the trade just sit there as pending indefinitely until he clicks to allow the trade?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo trade question requiring Commish approval

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:24 am

I'm 95% sure the trade will automatically go through after the set waiting time. Look in the Scoring&Settings page and you'll see the time (default is 2 days IIRC)

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gnu314 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:32 am

I'm a commish in Yahoo leagues that require approval... inaction is approval.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am

Azrael wrote:Does anyone know if a trade in Yahoo that requires Commish approval will post automatically after a certain period of time? Or will the trade just sit there as pending indefinitely until he clicks to allow the trade?

If it requires a Commish approval it will go through and process immediately once he is on and passes it, it can just sit there if he's not on or if he decides to not pass it, but if he doesn't pass it through himself I think it just sits there because it needs his approval, I commish my Yahoo redraft with a large group of friends and I'm pretty sure thats how it is...Depends on your settings, ours doesn't havea 2 day, or 1 day or any waiting period, so if I never passed the trade I doubt it would process, I may of been waiting to leave the trade up for votes or discussion so I don't think Yahoo would pass it through without me knowing.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby woodson_28 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:40 am

Gnu314 wrote:I'm a commish in Yahoo leagues that require approval... inaction is approval.

he is correct. When a trade is accepted, there will be a waiting period, usually 2 days. This means if a trade is accepted on 10/01 (Wednesday) at 1:00pm, the two day period will not start until Thursday. It will than process through on 10/04 (Saturday morning) - As Thursday and Friday will serve as the 2 day waiting period. The commish can veto the trade, or push it through (allow), but if he does nothing, the trade will automatically go through on Saturday morning (2 days after the trade was accepted).
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:34 pm

woodson_28 wrote:
Gnu314 wrote:I'm a commish in Yahoo leagues that require approval... inaction is approval.

he is correct. When a trade is accepted, there will be a waiting period, usually 2 days. This means if a trade is accepted on 10/01 (Wednesday) at 1:00pm, the two day period will not start until Thursday. It will than process through on 10/04 (Saturday morning) - As Thursday and Friday will serve as the 2 day waiting period. The commish can veto the trade, or push it through (allow), but if he does nothing, the trade will automatically go through on Saturday morning (2 days after the trade was accepted).

So it's 2 full days that you must wait (not 48 hours from acceptance). So the waiting period could theoretically be almost 3 days or 1 day?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby woodson_28 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Azrael wrote:So it's 2 full days that you must wait (not 48 hours from acceptance). So the waiting period could theoretically be almost 3 days or 1 day?

More or less yes. We had this happen in my league about 2 weeks ago. We only have a 1 day waiting period though. But two trades were accepted w/in about 3 hours of each other. The first trade was accepted @ around 11:30 pm Monday night, the second trade was accepted 3 hours later, around 2:30 am early Tuesday Morning.

The result was that Trade 1 was processed on Wednesday (about 25 hours after trade was accepted) and the second trade went through on Thursday (about 45 hours after the trade was accepted). One of the owners in the second trade was not happy as he thought I had pushed the first trade through, and not the second. It was a big ordeal.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:44 pm

woodson_28 wrote:
Azrael wrote:So it's 2 full days that you must wait (not 48 hours from acceptance). So the waiting period could theoretically be almost 3 days or 1 day?

More or less yes. We had this happen in my league about 2 weeks ago. We only have a 1 day waiting period though. But two trades were accepted w/in about 3 hours of each other. The first trade was accepted @ around 11:30 pm Monday night, the second trade was accepted 3 hours later, around 2:30 am early Tuesday Morning.

The result was that Trade 1 was processed on Wednesday (about 25 hours after trade was accepted) and the second trade went through on Thursday (about 45 hours after the trade was accepted). One of the owners in the second trade was not happy as he thought I had pushed the first trade through, and not the second. It was a big ordeal.

That's why you have commish approval, so the league doesn't get a veto. It seems a bit dumb to have both. As Commish in my league, I check my league once in the morning and once before bed, and if there are any trades I immediately approve them if they don't seem to include any collusion. It then processes immediately and the managers are free to use the newly acquired players that day. It isn't fair that someone may be making a last minute trade to compensate for an injury, and possibly miss the deadline for the game because he had to wait on a veto or accept decision from the league, or a slow commish doesn't put the trade through. I've never had an issue arise in 7+ years of running this league.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Azrael » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:39 pm

Our commish went on a week's vacation from last Thursday to Wednesday and I was in serious discussions earlier in the week about a trade. That's why I asked.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:32 pm

If the commissioner does nothing, the trade will still processed after the waiting period elapses.

At the top of the trade bulletin it should say something like: "This trade will be affected on the lineup for Week X"

If it says it will be affected on the lineup for week 5 it means that the waiting period will have elapsed by that day with or without being approved by the commissioner.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Football Talk