If you could redo your draft.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If you could redo your draft..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: If you could redo your draft..

Postby lsufan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:59 pm

12 Team with PPR:

1.03 - ADP : Not a bad pick. He could still end the season as a top 3 RB if he stays healthy.

2.10 - Colston : Could of took any number of players here. Hope he comes back strong.

3.03 - A. Johnson: Him and Edwards just can not seem to catch this season.

4.10 - E. James: Could of took Forte, R. Brown. Sheer stupidity with this pick.

5.03 - B. Marshall ;-D: I got lucky with this pick.

6.10 - L. White: Should of went with Johnson. I thought White would get the bulk of the carries and goal line duty.

I also got lucky picking A. Rodgers late. Hope he gets healthy quick.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:07 am

2 guys I landed in all 4 of my leagues...Andre 3000 and Marshall. I'm still feeling a big year for AJ, 60 catches, 851 yards and 8 scores in 9 games. Nothing's really changed in the offense. Guy just has to come around.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby totalair32 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Wish I would have taken TO instead of Edwards. Its still early, but the Browns are a mess. I was so high on Edwards!
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:34 am

I usually wait to grab a QB and this year I took Hasselbeck at 8.2 in a 12 team draft. I was curious if I missed out on Cutler so I just went back to check my league's draft results. Cutler went in round 7 which made me feel better but I could have had Eli Manning or Aaron Rodgers which both went in round 9. My team is 4-1 so I'm still doing ok with a struggling Hasselbeck.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:05 pm

killiansjmd wrote:I usually wait to grab a QB and this year I took Hasselbeck at 8.2 in a 12 team draft. I was curious if I missed out on Cutler so I just went back to check my league's draft results. Cutler went in round 7 which made me feel better but I could have had Eli Manning or Aaron Rodgers which both went in round 9. My team is 4-1 so I'm still doing ok with a struggling Hasselbeck.

same for me. i never draft QBs high, but played around in one league and went hasselback as the 5th QB taken. boy has that sucked.

and anybody except thomas jones in the third. i should have gone another WR

and moss w the 6th pick. ppr league, no flex so i thought is was the right call...lets just hope he can get back to awesome
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:46 pm

My draft didn't go the best, I suppose. However, I still feel good about the team, especially in a 14 team league, since I'm not sold that a number of these guys will continue to underachieve.

(4) Joseph Addai - ;-D Still happy with him, and think he'll carry me around playoff time.
(25) Andre Johnson - ;-D Also happy here, as I think he's a top 5 WR the rest of the way.
(32) Torry Holt - B-) Have to admit, I think Holt turns it around. If Stl. wants to win any games, they have to get it in Holt's hands. I think they start doing that after the bye.
(53) LenDale White - :-° Loved the TDs when the season started, but I'm afraid he continues to be a backup going forward, unless his lack of carries are part of Tenn's gameplans against particular defenses and not indicative of things to come.
(60) Matt Hasselbeck - :~( Probably my worst pick, although I think he'll be a low end QB1 as the season progresses, but I passed up Cutler for him... obviously a big mistake at this point.
(81) Matt Forte - ;-D ;-D ;-D He's been what has saved me at this point.

(FA) JT O'Sullivan - ;-D With Hass and Sea being so bad, he's also saved me.
(FA) Jonathan Stewart - ;-D I still believe he becomes the starter at some point this season - just in time for playoffs!
(FA) Eddie Royal - ;-D Playing matchups between him, Holt, and Driver for my final WR spot has worked out very well.
(FA) Steelers and Ravens Def/ST - ;-D ;-D I normally hate carrying two defenses, but in a 14 team league and alternating these two on matchups, I've struck fantasy gold - scores of 12, 13, 20, 13, and 8.
Fade2White12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:53 pm

1. Would have drafted Warner in the 16th round, which I considered, instead of a stupid Kicker.
2. Would have waited on Ryan Grant and let someone else take him (took him at end of round 2)
3. Would have waited a few more rounds on the Vikings Defense
4. Would have grabbed Cutler in the mid rounds instead of Hasselbeck
5. Would have grabbed Witten in about round 4
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pandatron » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:03 am

(6) Wish I would have went with Brandon Marshall instead of Colston :-t

(26) I messed up badly by taking Ocho Cinco. If I Knew he would be this bad I would have went with Santana Moss or Jennings.

(76) I should of went with Greg Jennings over my Brian Urlacher pick :-t

There are many more picks I would redo but those are just the ones that hurt the most. :~(
sports forums fantasy rankings sports articles
0-4 to start the season...turns into championship team with a few major trades!
pandatron
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:09 am

spodog wrote:Would have grabbed Cutler in the mid rounds instead of Hasselbeck

Agreed. Same thing for me.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby AllDay » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:35 am

Taking Kv Smith over J Cutler.

3rd pick 10 team money league QB 2RB 3WR (1 pt/25 rus rec, 6 pt/TD, 1 pt/150 yds pass - 1 pt/50 thereafter, 4 pt TD pass)

The league tends to draft a little weird, but 9 of 10 teams draft in person and we've done it for decades now. $100/team + transaction fees - but a few of them draft like idiots.

A Peterson
C Portis
A Johnson
Calv Johnson
B Marshall
B Roethlisberger
CHI D
D Bowe
Kv Smith
Rn Brown
M Schaub
V Jackson
R Bironas
PHI D
S Janikowski

Haven't made any moves yet.

That Cutler pick would have been teh awesome.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk