Week in Quotes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week in Quotes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week in Quotes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:28 pm

Pro Football Weekly.

Thursday, Nov. 6, 2003

Raiders QB Rick Mirer, who will start on Sunday vs. the Jets, on teammate Marques Tuiasosopo’s season-ending knee injury: “I feel sick for Tui because he was going to get a chance to play and he's been waiting for a while to do that, and now it's me. You just have to believe in yourself. I've been through some hard times — I've been on top, I've been on the bottom. I've been through the whole thing in 11 years.”

Redskins head coach Steve Spurrier on QB Patrick Ramsey, whom he believes is a little too fidgety in the pocket: “He is sort of running around in the pocket at the times when he should be a little comfortable there. I think that's from guys coming free at him. Hopefully, we can get him more trusting the pocket, trusting the protection. To do that, we've got to give him protection.''

Chargers head coach Marty Schottenheimer on declining to tell the San Diego media who his starting quarterback will be on Sunday: “I was going to say I'm not being evasive, but I am, so I can't say I'm not being evasive.”

Cardinals RB Emmitt Smith on a hot-button topic in Arizona — whether there will be enough carries for Smith and Marcel Shipp once Smith returns from injury in a couple weeks: “Yeah, it bugs me a lot, because people are making it out like it's a problem, and it's not.”

Bears defensive coordinator Greg Blache on QB sacks, of which Chicago only has six through eight games: “If sacks were important, that's what they would use to determine a football game. Points are important. If sacks were important they'd use that as a deciding factor to who wins and who loses. And they don't.''

Raiders head coach Bill Callahan on his talk with CB Charles Woodson Wednesday; Woodson and Callahan had been sniping at each other through the media in the last week: “I had a conversation with Charles today. It was very positive. We're moving forward.”

Packers C Mike Flanagan on what he knows about former Saints DT Grady Jackson, whom Green Bay picked up on waivers this week; Jackson is thought to weigh around 370 pounds: “I know he's a very, very large man.”

Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2003

Steelers head coach Bill Cowher on his 2-6 team, which sits three games behind Baltimore and in last place in the AFC North: “We have created a mountain for ourselves to have to overcome.”

Keeping with the theme of teams wanting to bounce back, Broncos DE Trevor Pryce on what 5-4 Denver must do to stay in the playoff hunt: “Right now we're under the knife and we just need to get up from under it.”

Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells on OLG Larry Allen, with whom he has had a somewhat rocky relationship: “It hasn't gone 100 percent the way I hoped it would, There's been times he's struggled for whatever reason, but, that being said, I'm not into going much further than that.''

Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren on reserve LB D.D. Lewis, an undrafted 2002 free agent who has given the team solid play both on special teams and on defense: “I give them that speech at the beginning of every training camp. If you work hard enough and want it bad enough, you can make the team and beat the odds. Well, he's one of those guys.”

Saints head coach Jim Haslett on DE Willie Whitehead, who was dehydrated after registering three sacks in the heat in Tampa on Sunday; Whitehead will be named NFC Defensive Player of the Week today, according to the team: “He only took about three plays off out of the 72 plays. You really had to be there to really understand the heat.''

Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2003

Jets special-teams coach Mike Westhoff on PK Doug Brien’s slow preparation for a potential game-winning field goal in overtime vs. the Giants that was blocked because long snapper James Dearth was forced to snap the ball before Brien was ready due to a dwindling play clock: “Everybody was on board but the bus driver. It’s not that (Brien) was late or not ready. It’s just he was a little methodical. He gets into a zone and is really concentrating on the kick. I just think he overdid it.”

Jets CB Ray Mickens’ reaction to his team's 31-28 overtime loss to the Giants: “The only positive thing about it is that I’m here. I’m alive. Other than that, I’m at a loss for words at what happened.”

Raiders S Rod Woodson on CB Charles Woodson’s claim that head coach Bill Callahan has lost the team following a 2-6 start: “As long as (Callahan) comes here to 1220 Harbor Bay, he’ll find the team. I’m pretty sure you can’t lose 53 guys. We’re not playing hide-and-seek here. You never quit playing, because you play for each other.”

Buccaneers head coach Jon Gruden’s take on his team’s 4-4 start: “If you’re going to be a survivor in life, or a survivor in pro football, you’ve got to take the good with the bad. We’re all sick. But at the same time, I think we’re all encouraged by the fight in this football team. I wish we could play better, and we’ve got to coach better, definitely. But the heart, the drive, is there.”

Packers head coach Mike Sherman on what kind of treatment QB Brett Favre is taking for the broken bone in his right thumb: “The only treatment he seems to employ is going out in the woods and going deer hunting with a bow and arrow. So, maybe that strengthens it.”

Chargers LB Marcellus Wiley, a former Bill who played in Buffalo when the Doug Flutie-Rob Johnson QB controversy was raging, on the idea that San Diego could be facing the same situation with Flutie and struggling starter Drew Brees: “I was involved with a quarterback controversy that was 10 times the magnitude of this. We don’t want to create that again. (The coaching staff is) going to make a decision and we’re going to play. If we win with Drew, that’s some good medicine for us. And if we win with Doug, that’s some good medicine.”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week in Quotes.

Postby mannubhai » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:57 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
Redskins head coach Steve Spurrier on QB Patrick Ramsey, whom he believes is a little too fidgety in the pocket: “He is sort of running around in the pocket at the times when he should be a little comfortable there. I think that's from guys coming free at him. Hopefully, we can get him more trusting the pocket, trusting the protection. To do that, we've got to give him protection.''

Dear Steve Spurrier, Heisman trophy winner, QB, How many weeks did it take to realize it...

Guttpuppy wrote:
Cardinals RB Emmitt Smith on a hot-button topic in Arizona — whether there will be enough carries for Smith and Marcel Shipp once Smith returns from injury in a couple weeks: “Yeah, it bugs me a lot, because people are making it out like it's a problem, and it's not.”

Emmitt, YOU are the problem..too old..egoistic lame horse now. Time to hang your boots, before you lose your well earned respect. Retire like a nice man, let the Shipp sail..dont drop yourself (the anchor) in the mix.

Guttpuppy wrote:
Bears defensive coordinator Greg Blache on QB sacks, of which Chicago only has six through eight games: “If sacks were important, that's what they would use to determine a football game. Points are important. If sacks were important they'd use that as a deciding factor to who wins and who loses. And they don't.''

If sacks werent important, they wouldnt hire you jackass.

Guttpuppy wrote:
Raiders head coach Bill Callahan on his talk with CB Charles Woodson Wednesday; Woodson and Callahan had been sniping at each other through the media in the last week: “I had a conversation with Charles today. It was very positive. We're moving forward.”

You are not moving forward, when you get your ass kicked by Detroit Lions, and then call Lions a great ball club..

Guttpuppy wrote:
Steelers head coach Bill Cowher on his 2-6 team, which sits three games behind Baltimore and in last place in the AFC North: “We have created a mountain for ourselves to have to overcome.”

Think abt next year Mr.Cowher..
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:04 pm

I actually got through most of them this week! Maybe I can read them all next week! Some of those are pretty useful.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Homeless » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:22 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I actually got through most of them this week! Maybe I can read them all next week! Some of those are pretty useful.

LOL, way to come back at the Barking Dog Zimm ;-D

Guttpuppy wrote:Redskins head coach Steve Spurrier on QB Patrick Ramsey, whom he believes is a little too fidgety in the pocket: “He is sort of running around in the pocket at the times when he should be a little comfortable there. I think that's from guys coming free at him. Hopefully, we can get him more trusting the pocket, trusting the protection. To do that, we've got to give him protection.''

Unreal !!!
Spurrier has lost it completely.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:49 pm

lol sacks aren't important.

Why does the NFL have a job for an idiot like that?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:14 pm

deftdelivery wrote:lol sacks aren't important.

Why does the NFL have a job for an idiot like that?

LMAO!!!!!! good one^^^^^
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:47 pm

That really scrares me. I'm a Vol's fan. I admitt he has no place in the NFL so far, but I really dont like the idea of that ego maniac returning to the college ranks, as it looks like he is well on his way to doing.
"At 60 yards it wont be a record FG distance, It will however set a record for longest post field goal celebration if Gramatica makes it."

Al Michaels, in reference to a Gramatica 60YRD field goal attempt week 5(2003 season) of Monday Night Football.
Bukoski77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Week in Quotes.

Postby emaja » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:53 am

mannubhai wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:

If sacks weren't important, they wouldnt hire you jackass.

The way the Bears have played this year, you can see they've taken his philosphy to heart.

Blache is a tool.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Return to Football Talk