Ridiculously Early 2009 Rookie RB Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Ridiculously Early 2009 Rookie RB Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ridiculously Early 2009 Rookie RB Rankings

Postby The Lung » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:01 pm

Assuming those that are underclassmen declare for the 2009 NFL Draft, based on talent alone would you agree with the following rankings:

• 1) Chris “Beanie” Wells, Ohio State - Had 1,600 yds and 15 TDs in 2007 and at 6-1 & 237 lbs is the prototypical NFL power back. Just needs to bounce back from his early season leg injury to shed the durability concerns.
  • 2) Knowshon Moreno, Georgia - Odds are that he won't declare this year but will be a dynamic talent in the NFL when he does. Has the combination of burst, speed, balance and vision that all the great ones have.
  • 3) LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh - Like Moreno, a third-year sophomore who may not declare. Has great speed and balance but doesn't seem as physically strong as the top two.
  • 4) James Davis, Clemson - Nearly declared for last year's draft but opted to return for his senior year at Clemson. Has good speed along with downhill power. Shows good instincts and patience as a runner, but won't hesitate to run over defenders.
  • 5) C.J. Spiller, Clemson - A little slight of frame, but lightnin' quick.
  • 6) Javon Ringer, Michigan State - Small, but a tough inside runner with a low center of gravity. Currently ranks first in the nation with scoring. (12 TD runs)
  • 7) Andre Brown, NC State - He's a bruiser, but also a back with excellent hands.
  • 8) DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma - Speedy, but too slight of frame and needs to bulk up.
  • 9) Donald Brown, U Conn - Currently ranks first in the nation in yardage. Isn't particuarly big or fast, but has excellent instincts and moves.
  • 10) Keegan Herring, Arizona State - Undersized, but quick. Will likely make a nice scat back in the NFL.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ridiculously Early 2009 Rookie RB Rankings

Postby VaderFin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:13 am

It's all a guessing game unless you actually know what team the player is going to be on.......
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:50 am

VaderFin wrote:It's all a guessing game unless you actually know what team the player is going to be on.......

I think the rankings are about who is going where in the draft :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:13 pm

Silly Vader. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:44 pm

I feel Knowshon Moreno might follow a similar path as Cadillac Williams. A talented runner who just doesn't quite have the size to match his running style, leading to him getting nicked up quite a bit at the pro level. I hope that doesn't hold true though as Moreno is an exciting player and I would love to see him carve out a successful NFL career. I feel he'll declare this year. Always a good idea for RB's to get out before they get too much work at the college level, and considering Moreno could be a Top-15 pick I think he will make the jump.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:59 am

I humbly admit my stupidity. :-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:09 am

Charles Scott should get some consideration as well.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:41 am

From: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08330/930629-100.stm

Pitt's McCoy to return for junior season

Pitt sophomore tailback LeSean McCoy made it clear today that he will be a Pitt Panther next season. Speculation has been rampant that McCoy would declare himself eligible for the NFL draft after this season and people around the program and the coaching staff were bracing for his departure.

But McCoy said he wanted to set the record straight and end all of the speculation. In a media interview, he left very little room for interpretation.

McCoy said he doesn't think he's ready for the NFL life -- meaning the business aspect of football -- and he enjoys being a college student. He knows the Panthers will likely be a highly ranked team next year and would love to take a run at a Big East championship.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:17 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:I feel Knowshon Moreno might follow a similar path as Cadillac Williams. A talented runner who just doesn't quite have the size to match his running style, leading to him getting nicked up quite a bit at the pro level. I hope that doesn't hold true though as Moreno is an exciting player and I would love to see him carve out a successful NFL career. I feel he'll declare this year. Always a good idea for RB's to get out before they get too much work at the college level, and considering Moreno could be a Top-15 pick I think he will make the jump.

Interesting to me that you mention his size. I always thought is size was fine, but when I watch him, he seems to plod versus being fast. (I have no idea what his 40 time is.)
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Lung » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:04 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:Interesting to me that you mention his size. I always thought is size was fine, but when I watch him, he seems to plod versus being fast. (I have no idea what his 40 time is.)

That isn't Chris Johnson or McFadden fast, but I wouldn't call him a plodder.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

Return to College Football