OK to punish Commish in another league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

OK to punish Commish in another league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

OK to punish Commish in another league?

Postby ArtVandelay004 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:09 pm

I am commish of a league and have a owner that is commish of another league I play in. I was wondering if it is ok to take action for questionable stuff he is doing in his league. He taken away owners trade rights because people voted against trades he made and now he has taken away my 1st rd waiver pickup because he wanted the player with his pick. I am not sure if he as done this to anyone else because he has shutdown the message board to me. I haven't done anything to his team in my league,but this seems to be just unfair and I wanted some feedback before I did or didn't take action in my league.
ArtVandelay004
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: OK to punish Commish in another league?

Postby iamgregg » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:10 am

Absolutely not. You should only punish someone in one league for actions in said league. If you do to him what he did to others, really you're no better a Commish. The classy move is to treat him just like any other owner and take no action.

You may want to consider not inviting him to the league next season or find a replacement owner if it's a keeper/dyansty.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:26 am

ArtVandelay004 wrote:I am commish of a league and have a owner that is commish of another league I play in. I was wondering if it is ok to take action for questionable stuff he is doing in his league. He taken away owners trade rights because people voted against trades he made and now he has taken away my 1st rd waiver pickup because he wanted the player with his pick. I am not sure if he as done this to anyone else because he has shutdown the message board to me. I haven't done anything to his team in my league,but this seems to be just unfair and I wanted some feedback before I did or didn't take action in my league.

No way you should do anything to him in your league. I agree with gregg on that. ;-D

I think this guy need to be impeached as commish of the other league....immediately. How can he do all that stuff without every owner in the league flipping out on him? I almost never suggest quitting a league in mid-season, and I don't know if $$$ is on the line, but I'd strongly consider quitting the league that he commishes (and I use that term loosely in his case). This "commish" is abusing his powers to the nth degree. Taking away trading rights & waiver priorities? I thought I heard everything before. If you don't want to quit mid-season, I'd definitely never play in his league again. I might not ask him back to your league as well. That's just wrong in so many ways. Good luck with this one man. :-/ :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby knighttrain1 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:59 pm

Seroiusly. How do you get away with behavior like that? I would go so far as to write the administrator with detailed events to see if you can pull his authority (if there is money on the line). I don't know if that is possible but that commish is way out of line.

help please? viewtopic.php?t=414475
12 team redraft: QB Warner; RB LT, R. Brown, F. Jones; WR R. Moss, V. Jackson; TE Carlson: LB Barrett Ruud; DL Kevin Williams; DB Erik Coleman; K Prater: Bench -- Wells, Sproles, Ginn, Coffee, Campbell, Norwood, Meachem, Henry, Davis, Britt
knighttrain1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby spodog » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:24 pm

you should go out with his sister and then dump her. That'll show him.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby croutonjack » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:01 am

spodog wrote:you should go out with his sister and then dump her. That'll show him.

and then do the same with his wife
croutonjack
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joejlitz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:11 am

kick his dog and dent his truck while you're at it.

I agree with the Jonas brothers. Get him impeached in his other league and don't do anything to him in the league where you are commissioner.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Commissioner's Corner