You drafted him. You expected greatnes. He bombed. Now What? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

You drafted him. You expected greatnes. He bombed. Now What?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby foreverabearsfan » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:12 pm

dgroundhog wrote:they lose Price, and Moulds has never really been that great of a WR anyway. He's had ONE multi TD game in his career. He just isn't a dependable #1 week in and week out.

?? just because he's had 1 multi TD game - doesn't mean he can't catch an end zone ball - if i recall correctly he did it what, 10 times last year? so he didn't have the luck of having a multi TD game because bledsoe spreads the ball around.
foreverabearsfan Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:04 pm

dgroundhog makes a great point. I've made this point before: In my league the average starting lineup contains maybe 40% guys who were drafted by that team and about 25% guys who weren't drafted at all. We also have a guy who drafted ALL Green Bay players in his draft. Favre and A Green were good picks, of course, but Driver has sucked, not to mention Javon Walker, the backup TE, R Ferguson. He is now 5-3-1 and is 4th out of 10 in our league -- because he's recovered by picking up A-Train, Pennington, Kitna, Moe Williams, etc.

All this is really a strong argument, in my opinion, for drafting THE BEST AVAILABLE PLAYER in each round of the draft, regardless of position.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:27 pm

foreverabearsfan wrote:
dgroundhog wrote:they lose Price, and Moulds has never really been that great of a WR anyway. He's had ONE multi TD game in his career. He just isn't a dependable #1 week in and week out.

?? just because he's had 1 multi TD game - doesn't mean he can't catch an end zone ball - if i recall correctly he did it what, 10 times last year? so he didn't have the luck of having a multi TD game because bledsoe spreads the ball around.

I've owned Moulds several years, and have generally been pretty disappointed in his production. The lack of the 'big' games are a concern to me. He's disappeared yet AGAIN this year. Sure you can say it's the groin injury, but it is what I have come to expect from Moulds.

You can have him.

Once again, my point is that you can recover from a bad pick, everybody makes them. Whether you agree or disagree with my player evaluations I could care less. There's many players most fantasy folk drool over that I pass on. Diff'rent strokes and all that.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:37 pm

I agree with the post above me. You can recover from a bad pick. I drafted both K-Rob and Plax. I traded Plax and Chad Johnson for Marvin Harrison. I am now 6-3 and tied for the division lead with 2 other teams. If you have a draft like the guy I mentioned in my other post, it is harder to recover, but it is still possible. IMO the key to FF success isn't in the draft, it is in your during season moves. Like trades and pickups.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:44 pm

Well the on my team I have Bledsoe,Stallworth and Quincy Morgan? 3 Busts of the year! Bledsoe, getting no protection from his O-Line, and Reed and Shaw not being able to pick-up for the loss of P.Price hurt Bledsoe's fantasy value. Stallworth is just a wuss! I thought he would explode this year, he has disappointed since week 2? If you're going to play at this level Donte, pay $250,000/yr like D.Boston to take your conditioning to another level. And lastly Quincy Morgan? Why oh Why did I draft this loser. 1 catch for 3 yards is not going to cut it. He has had 1 long TD, and nothing else. Damn these guys, they're ruining my team!

Friendliness: %

Postby BriGuy » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:01 pm

I dropped Bledsoe for Kitna...
DA' BEARS!
BriGuy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Original_Geek » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:27 pm

BriGuy wrote:I dropped Bledsoe for Kitna...

Me too. And I haven't been disappointed in Kitna since then.

:)
OG
OG - Original Geek
Word to your motherboard
Dallas Cowboys Fan Extraordinaire
May all your players get to play Oakland.
Original_Geek Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:58 am

I'd be thinking trade before his stock falls further.

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk