Week 5 GC: Washington @ Philadelphia - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 5 GC: Washington @ Philadelphia

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 5 GC: Washington @ Philadelphia

Postby saemick » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Oatsdad wrote:
DTownDave22 wrote:Washington appears to be going run-heavy. That and Cooley has been heavily targeted and Cooley and Campbell have capitalized on it. Santana Moss does not seem to be a very consistent WR--I've never drafted him and drafted him as a backup, but his nice start to the season prompted me to start him again today without even giving it much thought.

You're right that he runs hot and cold, but ZERO catches through three quarters after being a monster for the first four games? That makes no sense... :-t

My thoughts exactly!

And not consistent??? he has been just about the most consistent WR so far this year!
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejccva » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:04 pm

HAIL TO THE SKINS!!!

VICTORY!!!!!
joejccva
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby redbirds10 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:10 pm

any news about desean.. i mean he has been huge for him this year.. i dont want him if i have to depend on a punt for his scoring...
redbirds10
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cyclone » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Uhhhhh did Santana just decide to take a day off?? How the heck did he wind up with 0?!?!? :-t :-t :-t
Cyclone
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Oatsdad » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Bad day for my teams with Moss on them - :-t - but good day for my Skins! When they went down 14-0 after 7 minutes, I thought it'd be a laugher, but the D really did the job. Only 3 points for the final 53 minutes of the game on the road - not bad!

Zorn might just be a damned good coach. The Skins have been so strong in the second half this year! ;-D
Oatsdad
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby GoBlue19 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:19 pm

Thank you Campbell for throwing to Cooley so much...NOT.

Made Moss a huge let down for this week, but at least I had Slaton and Forte rack up the points. Also. McNabb sucked for me as well. At least he didn't throw a pick.
QB - McNabb/Campbell
RB - Lynch/Forte/Slaton/Johnson(TEN)
WR - Jennings/Moss(WAS)/Cotchery/Moore/Meachem
TE - Fasano
K - Longwell
DEF - Ravens

1 - 0 (88 PF)
GoBlue19
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Cyclone wrote:Uhhhhh did Santana just decide to take a day off?? How the heck did he wind up with 0?!?!? :-t :-t :-t

Nope. Sign of a good team and good QB. Spread it around and take advantage of your opponent. Eagles were weak up the middle all game, we exploited it, and dominated.

This is shaping up to be a nice year for the Skins. If we keep the Oline healthy and get our defense completely back? Watch out.

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DTownDave22 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:59 pm

saemick wrote:
Oatsdad wrote:
DTownDave22 wrote:Washington appears to be going run-heavy. That and Cooley has been heavily targeted and Cooley and Campbell have capitalized on it. Santana Moss does not seem to be a very consistent WR--I've never drafted him and drafted him as a backup, but his nice start to the season prompted me to start him again today without even giving it much thought.

You're right that he runs hot and cold, but ZERO catches through three quarters after being a monster for the first four games? That makes no sense... :-t

My thoughts exactly!

And not consistent??? he has been just about the most consistent WR so far this year!

I guess I wasn't specific enough. He has not been consistent, over an entire season, for the past few seasons. He's had some big games in past years, but then laid an egg or was injured. However, maybe when I look at it, I see a few huge games, a "DNP" and then some paltry, 40 yards/NO TD performances. Then there are also those 70 and 80 reception yard games. In '06 for example, he had six games of < 40 yards and NO TD's and two DNP's. That's half a season of either mediocre or no production from him. He was better in '07, with only three of those types of aforementioned mediocre games, but also had two DNP's. Maybe he was nursing an injury today and also, those big performances in one week and then those paltry ones the next week make the paltry ones stand out more because of knowing that he has had huge weeks.

And, secondly, that he did not really produce at all today shows what I was getting at--he's not all that consistent, though he was this season, up until today. He didn't get one reception--it also doesn 't help that the Redskins drafted not one, but two WR's this year and already had one solid optin in Cooley and another decent option aside from Moss in Randle El. That's why guys like Reggie Wayne (whom I also have) are top WR's and drafted accordingly--they usually get enough points to contribute to your fantasy team, week in and week out.

Still a good win for the Redskins though--showed the Eagles run D to be a little overrated, statisically. I guess you live and die with the blitz.
DTownDave22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jolt21 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:56 pm

holy moly. i was checking on my score while at work, and when i saw Moss's stats, I thought he got injured on the first drive of the game. Wow. what a sucky game. Thank goodness I still have AP for tomorrow night.
Jolt21
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:00 pm

Moss did have some nice blocks in the game. Is that not a fantasy stat in your leagues? :-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting