Thoughts on Michael Bush? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Michael Bush?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on Michael Bush?

Postby Lucky7 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:24 am

How do you see Bush's value going forward this season?
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on Michael Bush?

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:19 pm

It's tough to tell with Kiffin gone, who was his biggest fan in Oakland, but there have been concerns about Mcfadden's turf toe and how it doesn't go away without a fair amount of rest, and Fargas is injured as well, not sure how healthy he will be down the line.

I like him, I think he can be Oakland's best back.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby mikus » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Fargas is expected back after the bye, and McFadden should command more time down the stretch. I hate the Kiffin move, b/c it did seem like Kiffin trusted Bush and gave him lots of opportunities. I dropped Bush today for Deion Branch, I just do not think he is going to get as much PT with Fargas back in the fold and McFadden getting healthy.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby stomperrob » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:21 pm

...and Bush is now the Raiders' fullback:

Bush converts: Michael Bush began the process of moving from running back to fullback Wednesday, two days after Cable publicly urged him to be "open-armed" about his only chance to see the playing field right now.

Bush went through a similar position change in college.

"I came out as a quarterback, thought I was going to play quarterback, but got switched to running back," Bush said.

He can only hope the latest switch works as well as the last one, when he became a Heisman Trophy runner-up at Louisville. For now, he's biting a hole into his cheek on the whole matter.

"Do I think I'm a fullback? No," Bush said. "I'm doing it, so they can't say I'm not helping the team."

David White, Chronicle Staff Writer
Thursday, November 20, 2008

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 147RT4.DTL
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby biju » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:17 pm

stomperrob wrote:...and Bush is now the Raiders' fullback:

Bush converts: Michael Bush began the process of moving from running back to fullback Wednesday, two days after Cable publicly urged him to be "open-armed" about his only chance to see the playing field right now.

"I came out as a quarterback, thought I was going to play quarterback, but got switched to running back," Bush said.

He can only hope the latest switch works as well as the last one, when he became a Heisman Trophy runner-up at Louisville. For now, he's biting a hole into his cheek on the whole matter.

"Do I think I'm a fullback? No," Bush said. "I'm doing it, so they can't say I'm not helping the team."

Man, the Raiders organization couldn't be worse.

If they reallyl want a FB, why don't they trade Michael Bush for a top end FB and maybe a late draft pick? I'm absolutely positive some team would go for it. Hell, we have a couple of good FB up here in Seattle. We'll take that deal.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:51 pm

biju wrote:
stomperrob wrote:...and Bush is now the Raiders' fullback:

Man, the Raiders organization couldn't be worse.

If they reallyl want a FB, why don't they trade Michael Bush for a top end FB and maybe a late draft pick? I'm absolutely positive some team would go for it. Hell, we have a couple of good FB up here in Seattle. We'll take that deal.

;-D

That is the Oakland Raiders for you. Mike Bush is wayyyy to talented to be relegated to a fullback. Hopefully he gets traded in the offseason to a team who will actually utilize his skill. I think he could be a productive starter in this league.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattUTD20 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:38 pm

I just think they dont want to give him real work because he might actually do something with it and they would have to pay him too. There is too much money in that backfield. They should have just let Fargas go last year, he is not a long term solution and the long term should be the Raiders' focus because they aren't competing for anything right now.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:11 am

mattUTD20 wrote:I just think they dont want to give him real work because he might actually do something with it and they would have to pay him too. There is too much money in that backfield. They should have just let Fargas go last year, he is not a long term solution and the long term should be the Raiders' focus because they aren't competing for anything right now.

You could at least enhance his trade value...

They should just trade him and let a savvy team unlock his potential.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SteelerBlitz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:27 am

What are the chances he does get traded? Think it is possible?
SteelerBlitz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:16 pm

SteelerBlitz wrote:What are the chances he does get traded? Think it is possible?

Very high, he was almost traded to San Diego earlier this season, and that was the most anyone could ask out of his value especially in dynasty leagues, he would of ended up being a stud in SD in that offense I believe, but now his value is limited being in Oakland.

But being that they tried 2 trade him earlier, I'd venture to say he'll be on the block this off-season because the Raiders like Fargas and McFadden and Bush is healthy and not willing to play FB, he wants to play RB and get a shot, depends on if Al Davis budges and moves him.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer