whats the latest on bennett? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

whats the latest on bennett?

Moderator: Football Moderators

whats the latest on bennett?

Postby rocskins » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:10 pm

has anyone have any recent news on bennett, is he the starter or not? last i heard he was being used no more that 10 times in this weeks game. i may consider taking f. taylor out and put bennett in if this has changed for the better.
rocskins

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:57 pm

He should get more than 10 carries. I haven't heard from any reliable Viking source saying anything like this. He should start week 11, for this week, he'll get the majority of the carries, but Moe is being given the start.

Moe is about a week away from being a 3rd down/goal line back.

I wouldn't bench Taylor until I saw more of Bennett. Taylor has been solid. Bennett won't get the gaol line carries. Taylor is a better option the rest of the year IMO.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mudd » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:24 pm

from sportsline:

News: The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Michael Bennett (foot) performed well in his first test Sunday and will have his workload increased for Week 10 at San Diego. Originally, he was set to start again on December 7, but will now probably start earlier than that.

Analysis: Moe Williams continues to share carries with Bennett, who had 43 yards on eight carries in Week 9. Expect double-digit carries this week. Consider using him as a No. 3 running back against the Chargers.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:24 am

I am pratty certain that I read somewhere that Bennett will start and Tice said he was impressed with Bennett against the Pack and looks to give him a lot of work. Of course this comes from the man who said Smith would get 100 yards in a game, then gave him 5 carries to do it with, so take it with a grain of salt. Stick With Taylor, he is a safer bet.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:55 am

I'd be inclined to start Taylor also at least one more week. Until you see Bennett get 15+ carries it's gonna be iffy, but for some reason I'm betting he gets at least 15. If he comes out and breaks a few good runs, you're not gonna take him out.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:24 am

...and it's still all about Moe at the goal line, even if it's thru the air apparently.

Freddy comes thru large with 2 TD's , 152 yards pounding the rock, and my Play of the Week for beeyatching Doss and giving him a look as he strutted into the endzone for the winning TD.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk