Schaub - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Schaub

Moderator: Football Moderators

Schaub

Postby texas tea » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:37 pm

Someone in my league started Schaub as they did not see the late hospital notice. A few weeks ago, I subbed a couple of guys so no one would play short because of the HOU v BAL game change. I am wondering if I should do the same here? I considered the league thing to be an exceptional case, whereas I'm more inclined to chalk this one up to bad luck (like any late injury) and let it ride. Also, because the games have already started (although his backup doesn't play until later), I'm even more reluctant to mess with it. Appreciate your thoughts.
texas tea
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Schaub

Postby grover99 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:30 pm

This is a completly different situation than the hurricane. I wouldn't change anyone's lineup for a late illness or injury. JMO
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:34 pm

I did not change anyone's roster even for the Houston / Baltimore game postponed due to the hurricane. There was almost 2 days notice about that, and probably 2 hours notice that about Schaub today. Doodie happens, and it's every manager's responsibility to stay on the ball.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 am

texas tea wrote:Someone in my league started Schaub as they did not see the late hospital notice. A few weeks ago, I subbed a couple of guys so no one would play short because of the HOU v BAL game change. I am wondering if I should do the same here? I considered the league thing to be an exceptional case, whereas I'm more inclined to chalk this one up to bad luck (like any late injury) and let it ride. Also, because the games have already started (although his backup doesn't play until later), I'm even more reluctant to mess with it. Appreciate your thoughts.

I would change anything. Even if you wanted to help someone, he was active today, just didnt play.

Something you may want to consider in the future is to add a "backup" position for your league. Everyone has to declare a backup for one position before the days games and if that player doesnt play you can sub in the backup. It is more work for a commish, but can keep things a bit more interesting and keep people from having to be attached to the comp in the AM. In this case it wouldnt have helped (since he wasnt on any watch list) but it helps with players who wind up "out" at the last minute.

Use Justin Gage as an example. Friday he was expected to play, so someone may have gone away with him as the starter. Since he was doubtful though that player could designate a "backup" who would then get swapped in to the spot.

The rules we use.
1. All backups must be the same position as the starter
2. Each team must designate one backup only, and do so with their starting roster
3. Backups may only be used for players who do not appear in games. 0 stat games still count
4. It is each managers responsibility to notify the commish of their need to use a backup
5. Players swapping in a backup must provide the commish with the game log proving their starter did not play.

Just a suggestion....
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:14 am

The Lung wrote:I did not change anyone's roster even for the Houston / Baltimore game postponed due to the hurricane. There was almost 2 days notice about that, and probably 2 hours notice that about Schaub today. Doodie happens, and it's every manager's responsibility to stay on the ball.

I could go on for five minutes about how you are right, but instead I will simply chip in with an "I agree 100%" :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:14 pm

not your job to monitor news and set their roster. Leave it alone and get back to your job.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:22 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
The Lung wrote:I did not change anyone's roster even for the Houston / Baltimore game postponed due to the hurricane. There was almost 2 days notice about that, and probably 2 hours notice that about Schaub today. Doodie happens, and it's every manager's responsibility to stay on the ball.

I could go on for five minutes about how you are right, but instead I will simply chip in with an "I agree 100%" :-D

3rded. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)

Return to Commissioner's Corner