Santana Moss?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Santana Moss??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Santana Moss??

Postby Oatsdad » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:32 pm

phluux wrote:My 3 starting WRs killed me this weekend. B. Marshall, S. Moss and Calvin Johnson.

Yeah, me too. I expected big things from all three - or at least DECENT things from all three - but got bupkus. Well, hopefully this week was a blip and they'll all rebound...
Oatsdad
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:56 pm

Oatsdad wrote:
phluux wrote:My 3 starting WRs killed me this weekend. B. Marshall, S. Moss and Calvin Johnson.

Yeah, me too. I expected big things from all three - or at least DECENT things from all three - but got bupkus. Well, hopefully this week was a blip and they'll all rebound...

I've watched the entire game several times. It was a bad performance, but nothing to worry about- Philly focused 2, sometimes 3, defenders on Moss and went one-on-one with the other receiving options. With a corner right on him, and a safety over the top (sometimes a LB cutting off the short throws), Moss had little to do. If I remember right, he got targeted only twice.

The fact his teammates did so well is actually a good sign- no team will try that again since Washington won anyways. I'm willing to get you Moss has been hit and miss more because of lack of production from other receiving threats, nothing more.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KeithJ » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:14 pm

22 yards today? What has happened to this guy? He had a TD in like 6 straight games and now he gets 0 yards last week and 22 today?
KeithJ
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Rosstafarian » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:23 pm

KeithJ wrote:22 yards today? What has happened to this guy? He had a TD in like 6 straight games and now he gets 0 yards last week and 22 today?

Dude, it's Santana Moss. He's done that his whole career.
Rosstafarian
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PMax » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:19 pm

He's definitely played his last game for my team.
PMax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SniperShot » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:28 pm

He's Santana Moss and this is the Redskins.

Now that everyone benches him he'll have a 150 yard 2 TD day vs the Browns.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby dgan » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:09 pm

I love how people think WRs should score them 80 yds and a TD minimum every week. EVERY receiver (except maybe TO) is up and down. The WR position by nature is boom or bust. I could have started Miles Austin this week and he would have gotten me an extra 8 points. He only had 1 catch, but it happened to be a TD. You start guys who are bonefide starters who are hopefully on good passing offenses and hope it goes your way. It won't every week...so get rid of Santana Moss for some other chump and let me know how that works out for you.

If you're relying on the WR position to win you fantasy games, then you need to rethink your strategy. I've gotten a total of 5 points the past 2 weeks COMBINED from my WRs and still won both games. Bad games at WR happen - you should have a team that can can at least represent even with minimal help from WRs. Next week, he'll get me 15 pts and cover for Forte or someone else on my roster who lays an egg. Play the odds...it's easier on the heart than living week to week on every player's performance.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Theshow234 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:18 pm

Very well said dgan, you shouldn't be telling everyone how to play fantasy football, thats a secret :P. Anyhow, Moss was off to a great start, and I was started to re-think the kind of player he is. Last year I drafted him, he had a few huge games then a few games where he had absolutely no production. Moss is the type of guy that will have a 20+ week once every 3-4 weeks, all other weeks he'll get below 5 points. Its just like dgan said, WR's are hit or miss, unless they are in the top 5 or so. As long as a receiving can consistently pull off 50+ receiving yards, then thats all you need because TD's will come. Sometimes its even better to look around on the FA list and do a little bit of research. This week I had Megatron, DeSean Jackson, and T.J. I didn't know who to start till late last night, Reggie Brown was out so I knew Jackson would have a big game, I realized Palmer is out and without Palmer T.J. isn't that good. I looked at the FA's and was picking between megatron, Stokley, or Breaston. I am in love with the Cardinals and no one's numbers are better than Breaston's for the past 3 games, 300+ yards and TD, thats called being consistent. But so long to those numers, Boldin is back. Glad I picked him up and went with my gut! Just remember, WR's normally won't win you games.
Theshow234
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting