All but over for LT id say - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

All but over for LT id say

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: All but over for LT id say

Postby shagworth » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:03 pm

petedog9 wrote:I went back and watched Sunday's Game on Short Cuts. Miami's Defense was in teh backfield all day long on SD. Lt was getting hit as he was taking the handoff half the time. THe other times he was making moves in the backfield to try and get clear. I think his lack of production was more the O-line then it was LT himself on tha day. Miami just dominated on both sides of the ball. Sand diego couldnt stop Miamis run game for nothing. It was wither the Wildcat or a counter left to move the ball and eventually run out the clock. May have been a product of a west coast team flying clear to the east coast and Miami is gettng better and starting to gaion confidence. Just my .02 after actually watching the game and not just looking at the stats...

I know, people keep saying that him getting stopped on the 4th and 1 on the goal line was a sign that he is finished. Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I saw, half his O-Line was laying on the ground by the time he got to the line of scrimage. I guess the old LT would have jumped 9 feet in the air, grew wings and flew over the pile.
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Love it...

Taking all LT2 offers right now, cash money, no reasonable offer refused.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheMaizeAndBlue » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:56 pm

I've got to admit, some of this is becoming ridiculous. As far as the Shaun Alexander comparison, I think that's a little off because first of all, Shaun Alexander was always good, but only truly "great" for one year, his record TD year. Which LT shattered soon following FWIW. Alexander in a vacuum has never been a fantastic RB as far as I'm concerned, but more a product of a fantastic O-line (Walter Jones in his prime and Steve Hutchinson anyone?). LT on the other hand, has been a "great" RB for years, and has a history of starting slow. True, LT has gotten injured this season with the turf toe, but I think this might be getting blown out of proportion a bit, LT has been the Brett Favre of the RB position, a veritable iron man that never misses a game, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll recover.
Right now, I'd downgrade LT a bit, he's no longer the far and away #1 player, but he's still a top 5 back, and if someone is valuing him as otherwise I'll jump on that trade right away.
TheMaizeAndBlue
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby shagworth » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:31 pm

TheMaizeAndBlue wrote:I've got to admit, some of this is becoming ridiculous. As far as the Shaun Alexander comparison, I think that's a little off because first of all, Shaun Alexander was always good, but only truly "great" for one year, his record TD year. Which LT shattered soon following FWIW. Alexander in a vacuum has never been a fantastic RB as far as I'm concerned, but more a product of a fantastic O-line (Walter Jones in his prime and Steve Hutchinson anyone?). LT on the other hand, has been a "great" RB for years, and has a history of starting slow. True, LT has gotten injured this season with the turf toe, but I think this might be getting blown out of proportion a bit, LT has been the Brett Favre of the RB position, a veritable iron man that never misses a game, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll recover.
Right now, I'd downgrade LT a bit, he's no longer the far and away #1 player, but he's still a top 5 back, and if someone is valuing him as otherwise I'll jump on that trade right away.

Great post
Props to soty for the sig!
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Osk » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:59 pm

LT is still averaging more ffb ppg than Adrian Peterson...

some of y'all are really overblowing things. LT won't be normal LT? well, since he was the #1 player hands down, what does that mean? He'll drop to 7th best? 10th? I don't think you should "get rid of him" unless you can get something really good in return.
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby 2ksports » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:39 am

his YPC is lacking this year. However b/c he gets so many carries a game he is worth something. On the field though, he definitely is not 100% and look slow. The O-Line is worse too. He is also no longer a top 5 back.

Peterson
Brown
Turner
Barber III
Gore

These guys have more potential this season, just to name 5. I can name a few more who will probably finish higher than LT this year.

Seriously, if by the end of the season Reggie Bush finished with better stats than LT in a non-ppr league, I personally would not be too surprised.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bungle613 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:28 am

2ksports wrote:his YPC is lacking this year. However b/c he gets so many carries a game he is worth something. On the field though, he definitely is not 100% and look slow. The O-Line is worse too. He is also no longer a top 5 back.

Peterson
Brown
Turner
Barber III
Gore

These guys have more potential this season, just to name 5. I can name a few more who will probably finish higher than LT this year.

Seriously, if by the end of the season Reggie Bush finished with better stats than LT in a non-ppr league, I personally would not be too surprised.

wager on that???
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Like a week ago the argument was that you're nuts if you want anyone over LT. It's funny to see it flip flop so quickly. Remember, Miami decimated New England, too... it shouldn't have been as gross as it was... we all thought it was a fluke. Maybe Miami just happens to be starting an upswing.

Regardless, thanks for this thread, because it alerts me to value in my roster that I might be able to trade, if the LT owners in any of my leagues are panic stricken. I'm not knocking any of you guys who are worrying, but I think a lot of us are salivating at the idea of adding LT to a roster that already has solid RB1/RB2 options.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby soccerballer002 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:45 pm

fwiw I was offered LT for my AD and said thanks but no thanks...
soccerballer002
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:50 pm

shagworth wrote:Our first LT is finished thread of 2008..awesome, I figured it was about that time.

Lets take a trip down memory lane Cafe...

2007 through first 5 games LT had

329 yards rushing
194 receiving
3 TD's

How about 2006? Lets see first 5 game stats...
396 yards rushing
83 receiving
3 TD's

Now Lets look at 2008 through 5 games.
331 yards rushing
80 yards receiving
4 TD's

You act like his stats are off the mark for this time of year....Heck, his TD's are actually up. But he's done with right...
Lets dig a hole for him...

I just dug these stats out myself the other day to remind me not to toss him on the junk heap. Thanks for posting them, you probably saved a number of others from trading him for way too little.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk