Hightower deserves to start..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hightower deserves to start.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Hightower deserves to start.....

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:10 am

Plus, this way they both are fresher through the season. He will be less likely to hit the "wall" if he averages only 10 carries a game. I could see him pick up a few more plays as the season goes on, but why screw with a good thing.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 am

No need to rush Hightower into the starting role right now. He and Edge are off to a good start and are a nice 1-2 punch. I think as the season goes on, the younger Hightower will see more and more carries.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mdHARRIS » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:29 am

If you remove Hightower's goaline carries and his 4th down carriers, he is avergaing 3.7ypc. Not bad, but not good enough to overtake Edg...yet.
I would love to see him get a decent amount of consecutive carries, rather than them be split up over a game.
mdHARRIS
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Suicide_Kings » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:41 pm

Hightower is the prototypical vulture TD ala Jerome Bettis/Willie Parker...or at least I believe it was Betts... :-?
Suicide_Kings
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Suicide_Kings wrote:Hightower is the prototypical vulture TD ala Jerome Bettis/Willie Parker...or at least I believe it was Betts... :-?

Well you should add 30-40 pounds :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KK_Cowboy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:50 pm

I have Hightower on my team. Others here have made good points about him in regards to his carries and splitting time with James. I believe that if the Cards win the west (which they may finally do this year) you could see Hightower potentially starting games in week 15 or 16 which would be of great help to owners in the semis and championship games for fantasy leagues.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:02 am

Edge is still averaging more YPC and had a few TD's to boot. I think the Cards have a good thing going right now. Why change?
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:16 am

The way I see it, Hightower is the kind of back you stash away on your keeper league's roster. With Edge 30 years old, Hightower is bound to take more carries away at some point, just not yet. Be happy he's scoring goalline TDs at this point and be done with it.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:04 pm

Hightower is the far and away better player.

I think Edge were to get nicked up, Tim Hightower would be looked at as an offensive rookie of the year candidate. Guy is just plain explosive. Edge is the opposite of explosive.

Reminds me a lot of the Faulk/Jackson situation a few years back. Except Edge is not as talented as Faulk was, but he has a little more left in him. Hightower is even more raw than Jackson was, but he sure does remind me of him. I wish I had picked up Hightower on the cheap in my dynasty league this offseason, that is for sure.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk